9-News: 36.108 – Camacho to CF?

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 36.108 – Camacho to CF?

Post by RonCo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:14 pm

With news that Carlos Garcia is expected to move on, the few YS9 fans not bemoaning the possible loss of LaLoosh and McNeill are focused on how the team intends to deal with a hole in center field. Garcia served as a valuable platoon member in the outfield against LHP, and now some wonder if his absence will create a fairly serious hole.

Those concerned wingnuts are scouring free agent lists and looking at possible trades (let’s give up half the team for Thad Meyer! is a new fan club chant).

However, some team insiders suggest that he solution is already on the team in the form of Carlos Camacho. The 25-year-old from New York has a Bronx/Queens personality that seemed to create some friction in the team’s limited efforts to trade him last year. But he’s also talented, and, to be clear, his .953 OPS (145 OPS+) against LHP last year looked pretty damned good. Camacho played five positions for the team last year, but only one game in center.

He’s due for his final bout with arbitration, and is likely to be a cheap alternative, something that the club will find helpful if they are thinking hard about chasing one or both of LaLoosh or McNeill.

“I like it here,” Camacho said. “It’s a weird little place. I can play center if they want me to.”

Given that alternatives could be pricey, and that the team’s minor league rosters are not deep with talent in center, “they” just might want him to.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”