9-News: 36.093 – De Castillo: “I’d Like to Stay”

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 36.093 – De Castillo: “I’d Like to Stay”

Post by RonCo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:26 am

Infielder Angel De Castillo (8/7/8/6/8 Talents) let it be known today that he’s informed the YS9 front office that he’d like to stay in the city to play his professional baseball. “The Nine have a great organization and great fans,” De Castillo said. “It’s a great place for my family, too. I want to continue to be a part of this team.”

De Castillo, who is 28 and hails from Santo Domingo, is in his sixth full season with the Nine, and has been an integral part of the fabric of the team since breaking in with a scintillating rookie season. He’s currently blistering Frick League pitching, having hit a career high 38 homers and scored 188 runs (while driving in 109). His .299/.359/.526 slash and a solid glove at second base has him registering 5.3 WAR to date. He’s a three-time All-Star, and a Puckett winner.

Informally, the team’s response to De Castillo’s comments has been mixed.

“Someone should tell Angel that his agent seems to be on a different track,” one team insider said. “Angels lips say one thing, but his representation says they want a new yacht to sail on the Caribbean.” De Castillo’s contract is up, and rumors have been flying that his representation wants super-star money.

The team’s official response, however, has been more measured. “We’re always ready to sit down and talk about taking steps that will let us keep Angel in Yellow Springs.”

Insiders say the two sides will be setting down this week to attempt to iron out an arrangement. Keep your ears open.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”