9-News: 36.059 – Stone Say Snub’s S’nothing

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 36.059 – Stone Say Snub’s S’nothing

Post by RonCo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Responds to Snub, Breaks Out 3-Hit Games

While Yellow Springs catcher Aaron Stone is saying all the right things to the public, friends of the right-handed slugger are saying that inside he’s upset about being left off the All-Star team for the first time in three seasons.

“I was hurt for a lot of the time,” Stone told ESPN recently. “So I get it. It’s someone else’s time. I’ll just rest up and get ready for the next game.”

His friends, however, sing a tune that says Stone is feeling dis-respected, and wondering if there’s a fix in because he’s heading to his last season of arbitration, and possibly a bigger contract extension afterward. He’s hitting .289/.395/.543 with 14 homers in only 53 games—a line that translates out to a 142 OPS+, which is in line with his 147 OPS+ last season. Insiders note that he’s also worked on his defensive game, and while he’ll never be confused for David Katzenbogen, his catching has improved.

Perhaps he’s telling the truth when he says he’s not bothered, but don’t tell that to opposing pitchers. In the four games after the break, Stone is looking like a man on a mission, drilling three hits on three occasions, and punctuating each of those three games with a homer. All total he’s 9-17 with a double and three homers. He’s driven in 10 runs.

“Aaron’s really dialed in right now,” said hitting coach William Campbell. “He’s making the most of every plate appearance. He’s a guy with a big bat who works hard every day, and that makes it hard for the pitcher.”

“I’m just playing the game, you know?” Stone said to end his interview. Then he went out to hit batting practice.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”