9-News: 36.040 – Frazier Debut One for Record Books

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:35 am

Two Pitches, Two Moments
The first pitch that Horrible Bob Frazier saw while kicking off his major league career was a 97 MPH cutter from Long Beach’s Pierre LaGrand. 407 feet later, he deposited it in the left center field stands for a three-run homer. The second pitch he saw while kicking off his major league career was a 98 MPH cutter from that same LaGrand. 349 feet later he’d deposited it into the left field corner for a solo homer.

LeGrand didn’t see him a third time, but one assumes he wouldn’t have seen a third cutter, regardless.

The Nine won the game 7-4 behind a solid outing from Carlos Valle.

“That was a blast,” Frazier said while interviewed after the game. “I was really hyped up. I tossed and turned all night last night trying to get some sleep, so I didn’t know what to expect. But that was like a little league kid’s dream come true.”

The performance kicked off an eventful week for Horrible Bob, a week that saw him make appearances at both second and third base, and end with three homers, five RBI, and a .364/.500/1.182 line in five games and 14 plate appearances. Yes, small sample size, but while careers are not born of small sample size, stories are, and the story of Horrible Bob Frazier was being told across the entire network of Nine-Nation communication channels this week.

“Breath of fresh air,” said Melissa Lester, faux podcaster of Nine Talk. “He might have turned the entire team around with those two at bats. I mean, everything was ugly gray, then he waved that magic bat of his and you could feel the entire place light up.”

“Thank God we traded that Wulms guy for him,” said Lester’s co-host Frankie Franklin.

Manager Bret Richards was a little less ebullient. “It was a really nice week for him, and everyone’s happy. But we’ve all been around before. Bob’s going to be a good player, but he’s going to have his ups and downs like the rest of us. Let’s enjoy it while we can, and move on.

The team faces a tough four-game stint in California next before returning home to host Twin Cities.
Two Pitches, Two Moments

The first pitch that Horrible Bob Frazier saw while kicking off his major league career was a 97 MPH cutter from Long Beach’s Pierre LaGrand. 407 feet later, he deposited it in the left center field stands for a three-run homer. The second pitch he saw while kicking off his major league career was a 98 MPH cutter from that same LaGrand. 349 feet later he’d deposited it into the left field corner for a solo homer.

LeGrand didn’t see him a third time, but one assumes he wouldn’t have seen a third cutter, regardless.

The Nine won the game 7-4 behind a solid outing from Carlos Valle.

“That was a blast,” Frazier said while interviewed after the game. “I was really hyped up. I tossed and turned all night last night trying to get some sleep, so I didn’t know what to expect. But that was like a little league kid’s dream come true.”

The performance kicked off an eventful week for Horrible Bob, a week that saw him make appearances at both second and third base, and end with three homers, five RBI, and a .364/.500/1.182 line in five games and 14 plate appearances. Yes, small sample size, but while careers are not born of small sample size, stories are, and the story of Horrible Bob Frazier was being told across the entire network of Nine-Nation communication channels this week.

“Breath of fresh air,” said Melissa Lester, faux podcaster of Nine Talk. “He might have turned the entire team around with those two at bats. I mean, everything was ugly gray, then he waved that magic bat of his and you could feel the entire place light up.”

“Thank God we traded that Wulms guy for him,” said Lester’s co-host Frankie Franklin.

Manager Bret Richards was a little less ebullient. “It was a really nice week for him, and everyone’s happy. But we’ve all been around before. Bob’s going to be a good player, but he’s going to have his ups and downs like the rest of us. Let’s enjoy it while we can, and move on.

The team faces a tough four-game stint in California next before returning home to host Twin Cities.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”