9-News: 36.039– Crow Goes to Rehab

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 36.039– Crow Goes to Rehab

Post by RonCo » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:32 pm

TEAM ADVANCES TIMETABLE FOR RETURN

As earlier reports suggested, lefty veteran Tully Crow has been cleared to compete in baseball games. The Nine, who usually forgo rehab assignments in preference of letting their guys work out kinks against major league hitting, have taken an exception to the rule in Crow’s case, and assigned him to Indianapolis for as many as 30 days.

“We want him to get familiar with throwing out of the bullpen, as well as build up a little stamina,” said assistant GM Jim Pickett.

Crow threw in relief for the Hustlers at times last season, but has never made a practice of it in the past.

“Right now I just want to get back to throwing,” he said when asked if he was okay with the assignment. “My club is trying to get back into a pennant chase, and I want to be ready to help.”

Crow’s history with injury is long and varied, but had generally focused on a cranky back over the seasons preceding this last problem—a September torn UCL that usually puts guys on the shelf for about a year. Crow’s return after only 8 months is possibly a good sign. “The timetable has been moved up,” said the team’s medical officer Julian Carmona, “but only because we don’t see any reason to hold him back. He’s ready to go.”

We suppose that AAA hitters will get the last say, there, but Nine nation is all eyes.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Re: 9-News: 36.039– Crow Goes to Rehab

Post by Lane » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:22 pm

Ah, rehab assignments. Another great OOTP mystery.
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”