Talon talk 200.3 Welcome Back Tim!

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

felipe
Ex-GM

Talon talk 200.3 Welcome Back Tim!

Post by felipe » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:08 pm

Phoenix Talon welcomed back 2B-SS Tim Naehring, fresh off his stint on MBBA waivers today; Tim was welcomed back to fill the void left by Benji Calfo's hamstring injury. Calfo is expected to miss three weeks of Talon baseball.

GM Hopkins refused to comment.

In other news, the Talon named their top performers for the opening month of April.

"Its hard to name just one top batter for April, so I've named two,"explained GM Hopkins,"Now, they've both only played part-time so far, but you can't argue with their results."

Wilson Calderon, a free agent signing in the off-season, had launched 7 dingers already in 2000, despite only playing part-time in left-field for the Talon.
The thirty-two year old Dominican is enjoying baseball once more, after having been released with Long Beach halfway through the 1999 season.

"I did not want to play ball no more after Long Beach,"Calderon explained,"I hit forty home-runs for them in '98, and then they shit on me, sit me on the bench, no play me at all in 1999. I finally tell them, I sick of you, I sick of Long Beach...I hate baseball. Then, for no reason, they release me. I very happy to be in Phoenix. Gm Hopkins very smart man."

"I'll be playing Calderon a lot more from now on,"confirmed GM Hopkins,"He's an excellent judge of character."

Hulking catcher Elwood Hope is the co-batter of the month; he is finally looking to fulfill his massive promise, with an excellent .939 OPS for April to go with his first career stolen base.

The twenty-six year-old from Utah is finally displaying his long held promise of power, with three home-runs to date, and some mighty high fly balls.

"I freakin love Elwood!"enthused GM Hopkins,"He's my kind of cool."

Pitcher of the month

"This next guy is just awesome smothered with more awesome sauce,"GM Hopkins confirmed."He's started 5 games so far this season, he's averaging over 8 innings a start, and he's mowed down 37 batters compared to only 9 free passes. And he's thirty-three years young! That's why he's the pitcher of the month."

Emile Yost just keeps getting better for the Talon. For over twelve long seasons he's been the most dependable pitcher on the Talon staff. His career record of 119-149 does not do him justice; a more accurate reflection of his worth is his career 2334 strikeouts against a paltry 686 walks. His steady veteran presence is invaluable to the young Talon pitching staff.

Rookie of the month

Once again, GM Hopkins is spoiled for choice, with 4 rookies on the Talon pitching staff alone to choose from.

Dominick Bromley gets the nod, displaying his awesomeness with two complete games out of five starts.

"Dom is a great young pitcher,"confirmed GM Hopkins,"He earned his shot with a great September last year, and so far, he's done nothing to discourage me."

Should Dom falter, there is no shortage of young arms on the Talon staff to take his place in the starting rotation.

AAA Player of the Month

AAA thirdbase stud, John Wilkinson is finding Flagstaff a lot easier his second time around. The twenty-three year-old is lighting up AAA pitchers to the tune of a .854 OPS, enough to lead the Flagstaff ballclub.

"We had a great month,"enthused GM Hopkins,"I realize our win loss record may not fully show it, (8-18), but we're poised to make big things happen this year. May is our time, baby!"

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”