2058.12 The Investigation Part 4 (Mike Simon)

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

Trebro
BBA GM

2058.12 The Investigation Part 4 (Mike Simon)

Post by Trebro » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:35 pm

The Investigation Part 4 (Mike Simon)

After using the harshest chemicals he could find to disinfect his phone, GM Rob McMonigal dialed again, this time to @CTBrewCrew Mike Simon over at Madison.

"Hey Rob," said Mike. "How's it going?"

"Not bad. I always enjoy those graphs you make for the league. Really cool stuff. And of course the work you do for the Media Guide and the Series are astounding."

"Hey, thanks, I'll do my best. But I'm guessing that's not why you called. Got a trade in mind?"

"No, not right now. Still looking at what Free Agency can bring. I was actually wondering if you could tell me anything about Xi-tong Su-Tu? He was an assistant GM for you back in the late 2040s.

"Oh man, that feels like forever ago. I don't really remember him. You know how it goes with Assistant General Managers. They're here because the League makes us."

"Boy do I ever. And I think I kinda screwed up as a result. I was trusting him for a few things and well…"

"Oh don't tell methat Thum thing was because of an AGM? Rob, Rob Rob. You should have known better."

"Yeah, well, I was busy with other things."

"But he's your marquis player. You did so well by others, but not him? Ouch."

"Yeah, I know. I'm fixing it. I hope. But you don't know anything about this guy?"

"Not really, no. I frankly barely noticed him. He'd pipe in when I was making a trade, usually to complain about it. Nothing we aren't used to."

"Did he ever make any wild claims to you?"

"It always seemed like he'd take credit for things, ya know? Like, well, this was before your time, but he claimed to have played baseball with Michael Bradshaw. Did you ever hear about him? 10 year old phenom who peeked so early he hadn't hit puberty yet. I always thought the timing didn't line up but we ended up hiring Bradshaw as a coach and I never noticed anything either way.

"And then there was the whole thing about Mons Raider. When we retired the jersey, he kept telling me about all the things Mons wanted, like a large cash donation to a charity. Stuff that didn't fit with his character but I went along with it. Times were good then, we kept making the playoffs. I didn't ask a lot of questions.

"Ya know, come to think of it, there was one other thing. We have this superfan, Gertie. You know the type. If she was in Yellow Springs, she'd be a part of Burhan's Boosters. Sometimes a little scary. Anyway, I remember she got really mad because she was told the team was going give her an all-access pass to the team. Well, we don't do that. Especially given the way acting around Manobu. Man, the scathing words that old biddy knows. Yikes! I wonder if that was his fault. Oh well, it's all in the past now. Why do you ask?"

"I'm finding some holes in his resume and in what he's claimed to do. Enough to end the relationship."

"Sorry to hear that, man. Boy, 2057 was a really bad year for you all around, wasn't it?"

"Historically bad. But we'll be better next year."

"Just don't be better when you're playing us, ok?"

"No promises Mike."

They both laughed and disconnected. This one had been a dead end, but really, McMonigal had seen enough. He had some other things to do, and then it was time to call Su-Tu in and end this once and for all...
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: 2058.12 The Investigation Part 4 (Mike Simon)

Post by Trebro » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:36 pm

Special shout out here to @CTBrewCrew for letting me play in his sandbox to help really give this storyline some extra league depth!
Rob McMonigal

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:17 am

Nice job!

Trebro
BBA GM

Post by Trebro » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:23 pm

CTBrewCrew wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:17 am
Nice job!
Thanks! Hope you enjoyed. I had a lot of fun digging back and finding things based on your suggestions!
Rob McMonigal

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”