2058.4: The Rundown, Parker (AA)

GM: Fred Holmes

Moderator: Rubaboo

Rubaboo
BBA GM

2058.4: The Rundown, Parker (AA)

Post by Rubaboo » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:46 pm

2058 Record: 58-82, 4th Place, Drake League Far West Division
Playoffs: Missed, 21st Consecutive (ouch)

Offensive Recap:
Le sigh, another minor league level, another poor offensive output. The Pilots were 7th in the league in BA, and great at avoiding strikeouts (2nd!) but were otherwise at or near the bottom. Parker ranked 14th or worse in 6 categories, managing only 466 runs for the season. Someday, I'll draft hitters, I promise.

Pitching Recap:
Parker is unique among my minor league teams in that the pitching and offense struggled equally in 2058. The team's best categories were in strikeouts (5th) and HR allowed (6th) and were 7th in hits allowed but everything else was bottom third in the league. Nothing to see here...

Hitter of the Season:
1B Dave Marceau
Marceau paced Parker's lineup with 1.9 WAR in 2058. The 1B hit .297/.366/.411 and managed 14 HRs. His 121 WRC+ also paced the Pilots. Marceau isn't a "Real" prospect by any means but he managed to hold up the Pilots lineup when it was his turn at the plate.

Pitcher of the Season:
SP Javier Marin
Marin had a very acceptable season for the Pilots in 2058. In 28 games, all starts, the soft tossing righty posted a 9-11 record, pitching 158.2 innings while striking out 128 against 35 walks. Marin's exceptional work equated to a 3.40 ERA and a 117 ERA+. If Marin can add some muscle to his 175 lb frame and gain some velocity his ceiling could be interesting. Hoping he can leverage his AA success into AAA success next season.

GM's Take:
Man, digging through my minors and breaking it down really highlights how poor the lower end of our system has been for quite a few seasons. Probably means it's time to rebuild and focus on minor league championships, right? (it does not) The only real hitting prospect on our AA team, Kadambi Kusagra had a miserable year, which is disappointing because we really could use the prospect value if we're going to try to keep competing with Corfield, Roman and co. On the pitching front, Guo-dong Cong had a very successful season and probably deserved a call-up to AAA but was blocked by other players. He'll get a very real shot to make the big league roster in the spring. Bhimraja Viraj pitched well enough but spend some time on the shelf with an elbow injury and had some ratings fluctuation. Still in line to be a solid enough player if he continues to progress. I can't believe this team hasn't made the playoffs in a billion years. I still remember the team that won the AA championship in 2020. Holy shit have I been in this league a long time.
Fred Holmes
General Manager
Mexico City Aztecs - BBA

BBA Champs - 2052
JL Champs - 2027, 2052
JL MW Champs - 2022, 2023, 2024, 2027
JL Sun Belt Champs - 2035, 2036, 2038
JL Frontier Champs - 2051, 2052
JL Manager of the Year - 2023, 2024, 2026, 2052

Return to “Mexico City Aztecs”