2058.3 - The Rundown, Council Bluffs (A)

GM: Fred Holmes

Moderator: Rubaboo

Rubaboo
BBA GM

2058.3 - The Rundown, Council Bluffs (A)

Post by Rubaboo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:57 am

2058 Record: 63-77, 3rd Place, Baxter League Frontier Division
Playoffs: Missed, 7th Consecutive Season

Offensive Recap:
The offense in Council Bluffs in 2058 was... terrible. Real bad. The team was 10th in stolen bases and 11th in strikeouts, and that was the good news. 13th in batting average, 14th in hits and OBP, everything else was 15th or worse. A dismal effort overall, but not a wholly unexpected outcome for the season. This is another level in our system that performed well on the defensive side of things because we knew we didn't have much in the way of offensive upside here.

Pitching Recap:
Good defense helped the pitching perform much, much better than the offense. The Council Bluffs staff finished between 5th and 7th in most categories and carried the deficient offense to the 63 wins we ended at. SP ERA was 6th at 3.71, very acceptable. The prospect promise here is much higher than on the offensive side of things and it shows.

Hitter of the Season:
CF Dave Valcour
It says something when your best bat is rocking a 106 WRC+ for the season, but it is what it is. Valcour was solid in CF and fine at the plate, which is what you'd expect out of a guy with his ratings. Valcour likely is what he is, he's maintained his potentials where they currently are for his entire existence, and will likely continue to see service in CF through our minor leagues until we don't have a spot for him anymore.

Pitcher of the Season:
SP Adrian Pena
OK, so I understand he was aided by a .246 BABIP but he was still good. 4.04 FIP and 1.03 WHIP are both solid and his final ERA of 2.66 is great. Pena is old for A, at least in my opinion, at 23 but hopefully a very solid 2058 after some recent potential bumps will help turn him into an actual prospect.

GM's Take:
If you can't hit, you should at least field, right? This is apparently a trend for my teams in the low minors. Hard to argue it hasn't worked for my pitchers I suppose. Overall it's hard to feel too disappointed in a 63 win season for this team because there's literally nothing here. Some semi-interesting guys, sure, but nothing anyone would be excited to have in a trade or anything. Most of these guys will likely be selling cars or meth or something in a few years, reliving the glory days of playing Single A baseball in Iowa... I gotta move this team...
Fred Holmes
General Manager
Mexico City Aztecs - BBA

BBA Champs - 2052
JL Champs - 2027, 2052
JL MW Champs - 2022, 2023, 2024, 2027
JL Sun Belt Champs - 2035, 2036, 2038
JL Frontier Champs - 2051, 2052
JL Manager of the Year - 2023, 2024, 2026, 2052

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: 2058.3 - The Rundown, Council Bluffs (A)

Post by trmmilwwi » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:19 pm

Free Denny's grand slam breakfast for anyone who knows where Council Bluffs is without cheating and looking it up. Just finished a project there so I know it well. lol.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mexico City Aztecs”