Moderator: Rubaboo

Rubaboo
BBA GM

2058.2 - The Rundown, Tortuga (SA)

Post by Rubaboo » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:29 am

2058 Record: 42-34, 2nd Place, Drake League Big Islands Division
Playoffs: Missed, 16th Consecutive Season

Offensive Recap:
The Tides' 2058 offense was somewhat anemic. The team's peak rankings for offensive output came in the Hits (5th), Batting Average (7th) and OBP (7th), but was bottom third in almost everything else, ranking 11th or lower in 6 categories. In a system with few high-end batting prospects, it's a challenge to keep pace at times, especially in the lower minors. Most of these guys are here for defense rather than offense and it shows on the stat sheet.

Pitching Recap:
Better here than on the offensive side. The Tides ranked 4th-7th in every team pitching category except for strikeouts, where they were 15th. The team got good performances from just about everyone up and down the staff and had a pretty good defense on the diamond to boot which helps make a pitcher's life much easier.

Hitter of the Season:
C Ross DeVille
DeVille went straight from high school to the draft to Tortuga after being a second round pick by Mexico City and hit very well during his 56 games there. He slashed .353/.401/.451 on the season with 4 home runs. His numbers were good for a 129 OPS+. Very solid stuff from a 16 year old in his first professional season, hopefully a harbinger of things to come.

Pitcher of the Season:
SP Ryan Scovell
Bit of a tougher call here, with so many guys being at about the same level but Scovell gets our nod. He spent the whole season in Tortuga, going 4-2 in 13 starts, and posting a 3.12 ERA. Scovell has languished a bit near the bottom of the minors since being an 11th round pick in 2055 but his performances when he has been in a starting role have been strong. This was his second season in Tortuga, and likely will be the last season he starts there.

GM's Take:
I love the pitching performances here. Pretty good for what really amounts to a bunch of no name guys with no headliner. The offense sucked, but I knew it was likely that it would and leaned hard towards the defensive side of things to help our staff out which seems to have worked out well. DeVille having a strong debut season in our system was very nice to see. There's really not a whole lot besides DeVille to get excited about down here, a couple of relievers, a SP or two with some upside if you squint, but I love me some lunchpail guys and this group finished above .500 and ended up missing out on the playoffs by only 2 games. I'll take that.
Fred Holmes
General Manager
Mexico City Aztecs - BBA

BBA Champs - 2052
JL Champs - 2027, 2052
JL MW Champs - 2022, 2023, 2024, 2027
JL Sun Belt Champs - 2035, 2036, 2038
JL Frontier Champs - 2051, 2052
JL Manager of the Year - 2023, 2024, 2026, 2052

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Re: 2058.2 - The Rundown, Tortuga (SA)

Post by BaseClogger » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:43 am

DeVille gonna be training his defense in OOTP 25.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mexico City Aztecs”