2046.4: 2046 Iron Men

GM: Fred Holmes

Moderator: Rubaboo

Rubaboo
BBA GM

2046.4: 2046 Iron Men

Post by Rubaboo » Sun May 02, 2021 8:52 pm

There's something to be said about players who are available every day. Ready to strap up and go to battle time and time again. It can separate a player from just being another guy and vault him into cult hero-hood, especially with the fans. It's easier to root for a guy who you know is going to be on the field every game. You can buy your ticket, sit in your rain-soaked seat, and know you'll get to watch him ply his trade on the diamond every time you slog to the ballfield. This is no simple task, especially in Mexico City where rain throughout the season creates an extremely dense final few weeks of the season. With a front office that craves consistency above seemingly all else, the value of a player who plays every day cannot be over stated. Here is where we celebrate the Iron Men of 2046. The players who commit to the grind not for the money, but for the love of the game itself. For the love from the fans. For the satisfaction of polishing a final technique to a brilliant lustre. These men are a cut above the rest. The mere mortals of the game. Let us celebrate them and be in awe.

The Mexico City 2046 Iron Men:

...no one played 162 games for the Aztecs this season...

No one? I don't think this has ever happened. There were no major injuries, we weren't working with 8 platoons, how could this have happened? Has the unthinkable occured? Has my beloved, sodden, dumpy ass weather finally reared its ugly head in a way that would make me consider a roof of some variety? *deep breath* Ok, ok, ok... that's just crazy talk... Alright, TN... what can I write about here? *clears throat*

Without further stalling for time, the Mexico City Aztecs are proud to present: The Almost Iron Men of 2046!

Manny Collazo (161 G, 160 GS)- Collazo is good at baseball. Almost as important: being available to play baseball. Since becoming a full time big leaguer, Collazo has averaged 160.5 appearances per season, including 160 in 2044.

Fernando Moreno (160 G, 158 GS) - Fernando Moreno doing Fernando Moreno things and doing them often. Averaging 160.5714285714286 games per season in his big league career (yes, really) including 163 in 2041 (hence, the stupid decimal).

Jorge Aranda (159 G, 158 GS) - Aranda brought a wholly average brand of baseball to the diamond every day. Not fun to watch, but not taxing on the manager either. Aranda has been available through his 2 seasons in Mexico City, appearing in 160 last season as well.

Jose Montano (158 G, 158 GS) - Montano was around. That's good I guess.

There you have it. Sorry everyone. We'll try to do better next year.
Fred Holmes
General Manager
Mexico City Aztecs - BBA

BBA Champs - 2052
JL Champs - 2027, 2052
JL MW Champs - 2022, 2023, 2024, 2027
JL Sun Belt Champs - 2035, 2036, 2038
JL Frontier Champs - 2051, 2052
JL Manager of the Year - 2023, 2024, 2026, 2052

Return to “Mexico City Aztecs”