2036.3: Pendleton spurns Aztecs

GM: Fred Holmes

Moderator: Rubaboo

Rubaboo
BBA GM

2036.3: Pendleton spurns Aztecs

Post by Rubaboo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:07 pm

After multiple reports had surfaced that Mexico City SP Scotty Pendleton had agreed in principle to a long-term extension with the club, his camp came out today and announced that the team's offer wasn't sufficient and that the player plans on going to arbitration this offseason and playing on a one year deal.
"Why would I sign long term and throw away my leverage, especially in a season where my stats weren't up to my expectations?" said Pendleton via conference call, "I am totally comfortable betting on myself for next season. I would love to stay with the Aztecs long term, but not at a cut rate. I'm a top pitcher in this league and I will be compensated as such."

The Aztec management has been tight lipped during the whole process, repeatedly stating that it is the club's policy not to comment on ongoing negotiations. Aztec GM Fred Holmes did come out with the following comment at a recent news conference. "Scotty is well within his rights to decide his future as he sees fit. We value him highly as a player and sincerely hope to reach an agreement to keep him here in Mexico City for the forseeable future but if our goals don't align on that front that's a situation we need to work out together."

Time will tell if the two sides can come together to agree on an extension but for now the expectation according to sources on both sides is that Pendleton will play 2037 on a one year deal through arbitration.
Fred Holmes
General Manager
Mexico City Aztecs - BBA

BBA Champs - 2052
JL Champs - 2027, 2052
JL MW Champs - 2022, 2023, 2024, 2027
JL Sun Belt Champs - 2035, 2036, 2038
JL Frontier Champs - 2051, 2052
JL Manager of the Year - 2023, 2024, 2026, 2052

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2036.3: Pendleton spurns Aztecs

Post by RonCo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:59 pm

The players are getting pushy these days.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mexico City Aztecs”