Barnstormers Make It Official!! Rebuild/Daily I.Q.99.6

GM: Fred Holmes

Moderator: Rubaboo

paul j kiggins
Ex-GM

Barnstormers Make It Official!! Rebuild/Daily I.Q.99.6

Post by paul j kiggins » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:42 am

Image SP R.VannessImage CF A.Santos Image OF W.Simmons

Late into last night GM Kiggins (Omaha) and GM Robinson(Seattle) battled back and forth trying to come up with some sort of trade that would benefit both teams that were heading in different directions.Omaha knew it's season was over and threw in the towel and will now concentrate on the future."It was hard giving up SP Vanness,CF Armondo Santos and OF Simmons," GM Kiggins told reporters but we were going nowhere and the Fans demanded that we show a new direction in Nebraska.The new ratings should show the Barnstormers with one of the best farm systems in the MBBA and in a couple of years be back making a strong play-off bid.
BREAKING DOWN THE TRADE:
Image LF Cory Warr
LF Cory Warr(4.5)
One of the best up-coming players in the MBBA according to our scouts,he has super star written all over him and can pound the ball with an excellent eye at the plate.At 6'6 and 250 lbs he will strike fear into the eyes of opposing pitchers.Projects to be 1 year away if the Baseball Gods are good to him in development.
ImageSP Vincente Martinez
SP Vincente Martinez(4.0)
While not a Vanness, Martinez will fit into any rotation in the MBBA in a couple of years.The young 21 yr old is destroying hitters in the Charley Pegler League(13-4,2.50) allowing 95 hits in 126 innings while striking out 143 batters.Topping the radar gun at 100 MPH and a 10 rating fastball the young pitcher also has an above average slider(7)and forkball(8).Hopefully one year at AAA and a couple of bumps the young star will be on his way to the big show.
ImageC Tobias Kelly
C Tobias Kelly(4.5)
In keeping with Nebraska tradition a power hitting catcher will be behind the plate.Rating of 8 in power and 9 contact he should fit in well.Kelly has a good eye and average defense.
Image1B Dave Manzanillo
1B Dave Manzanillo(1.5)
This player has seen better days(41Hr's in 97) but was thrown in as a salary dump. He could provide some long ball threat off the bench if he manages to stay at the major league level if not will be vanished to the minors and hope he retires.Image
ImageSP Parker Giorgi
SP Parker Giorgi(2.0)
Giorgi is the "wild-card" as he tries to make the Majors as a #5 starting pitcher.His upside includes a great fastball(9),great velocity(98MPH) and above average stuff and control.Downside is that although he has 5 pitches to keep hitters guessing he is a flyball pitcher(38%GB) and already 23 yrs old.
Image LF Marquez Rayas
LF Marquez Rayas(2.0)
Rayas is ready now and although not a superstar he is having a great season in AAA(.332/13/67) with an OBP(.403).If he is the worse player on the team Omaha will be in good shape.
Image MR Armondo Gomez
MR Armondo Gomez(2.5)
One of the main weakness on the Barnstormers this year has been the bullpen.18 year Gomez could provide help a few years down the road.He made the All star team in the Spike Owen League this year with a fine 1-1/0.87/6 saves record.He only throws 93 MPH but shows great command(8),Movement(7) and Stuff(7).His two pitches are above average FB:(8) and Slider(7) which helps him keep the ball on the ground(59%GB).
Image SP Dan Winter
SP Dan Winter(3.0)
Throwing his FB(7) at 96MPH this guy is a control freak((9) with(7) movement and average stuff(6).Our scouts seem to think he "has the right stuff" to pitch in the majors and at 19 will get all the time he needs to mature.

With the team not playing so well in 99 we will again get one of the top draft picks adding to out already impressive minor league system.Management hopes our Fans have the patience to see us through these our darkest days knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

THE DOCTOR IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Image

lynchy34
Ex-GM

Re: Barnstormers Make It Official!! Rebuild/Daily I.Q.99.6

Post by lynchy34 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:37 am

Very interesting deal. You obviously loaded your farm with this deal and I love Warr, Kelly and Martinez - heck, two of them were mine as recently as this season. But you traded two studs and a third very ncie young player. I think you should have gotten another stud prospect back.
Frick League Champions - '95, '98, '00
Frick Midwest Champions - '98
General Manager of the Year - '98

paul j kiggins
Ex-GM

Post by paul j kiggins » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:44 am

I had no problem letting Simmons go who is 22 and will have to get a good bump to reach potential.I have a 19 yr old with almost the same rating OF Eric Rouse so in my mind not that big a deal

LambeauLeap
Ex-GM

Post by LambeauLeap » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:18 am

I couldn't get Manzanillo to accept an assignment down to AAA so you'll have to hope he doesn't pick up his option at the end of the season but tries out FA. He fell off a cliff this year.
Brad Browne
Editor, Guam Today
---
1986: Chicago Black Sox (73-89)
1987-1991: Valencia Stars/Suns (341-469)
1998-2005: Austin Riverbats/Marquette Suns (697-600)

cramsey51
Ex-GM

Post by cramsey51 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Tobias Kelly looks pissed off to be in that lime green uniform :)
Chris Ramsey
MBBA - Buffalo Bison GM 1995-2001
580-554 overall record
1999 FL League Champs
1999 FL Manager of the Year

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mexico City Aztecs”