2058.13 - Gertie's Year-End Awards: Celebrating Pitching Prowess

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2058.13 - Gertie's Year-End Awards: Celebrating Pitching Prowess

Post by CTBrewCrew » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:59 pm

Gertie's Year-End Awards: Celebrating Pitching Prowess

Hey there, baseball lovers! It's Gertie here, and I've been keeping a close eye on our pitching staff for the Wolves this season. Let's dive into my year-end awards for the standout performers on the mound.

Carter Morris - The "Crafty Lefty" Award

Oh, Carter Morris, you sly fox! This left-handed maestro has been spinning magic on the mound all season long. Despite some tough luck in the win column, Morris dazzled with his deceptive delivery, keeping hitters off-balance and fans on the edge of their seats.

Just look at those stats: 98.1 innings pitched, 100 hits allowed, and a nifty 3.75 ERA. But it's not just the numbers that make Carter Morris my Crafty Lefty of the year – it's the way he paints the corners like an artist, fooling batters with his curveball and changeup. And let's not forget that K%-BB% ratio – a thing of beauty!

Carter, darling, keep spinning those gems, and I'll keep swooning in the stands.

Wesley Turner - The "Fireman of the Year" Award

Ah, Wesley Turner, our fearless closer. This lefty has been putting out fires left and right, earning himself the nickname "Mr. Reliable" in the bullpen. With 42 saves and a stellar 4.45 ERA, Turner knows how to slam the door shut when the game is on the line.

What sets Wesley apart is his cool under pressure and that devastating slider that leaves batters swinging at air. And let's not overlook his clutch performance in high-leverage situations – that IRS% is music to my ears!

Wesley, honey, keep those saves coming, and I'll keep cheering you on from the stands.

Josh Clark - The "Inning Eater" Award

Now, let's give it up for Josh Clark, our workhorse starter. This righty has been churning out quality innings like nobody's business, racking up 126.1 innings pitched and keeping hitters guessing with his arsenal of pitches.

With a tidy 3.21 ERA and a knack for inducing ground balls (look at that GO%!), Josh Clark has been a linchpin in our rotation. And that K/9 rate? Well, let's just say he knows how to ring 'em up when it counts.

Josh, keep mowing 'em down, and I'll keep rooting for you in the stands.

Sexiest Pitcher Award: Mark Thomas

Oh, Mark Thomas, you've got us all swooning with your silky-smooth delivery and those dreamy stats. This lefty has been turning heads with his style and grace on the mound. Just look at those numbers: 73.0 innings pitched, 77 hits allowed, and a charming 4.44 ERA.

But it's not just about the stats – Mark Thomas exudes confidence and charisma every time he steps on the rubber. That BABIP? Well, it's just fate working in his favor.

Mark, darling, keep turning up the heat, and I'll keep cheering for you in the stands.

There you have it, folks – Gertie's special category to celebrate the pitchers who bring a little extra flair to the game. Stay tuned for more baseball excitement, and remember, it's not just about the strikeouts and ERAs – it's about the passion these players bring to the diamond.

There you have it, folks – Gertie's year-end awards for our stellar pitching staff. Let's give a round of applause to these talented players who keep us on the edge of our seats every game.

Until next time,
Gertie

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: 2058.13 - Gertie's Year-End Awards: Celebrating Pitching Prowess

Post by trmmilwwi » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:56 am

They keep Gertie on the edge of something.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”