2058.04 - Gerties take on the 25 man

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2058.04 - Gerties take on the 25 man

Post by CTBrewCrew » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:43 pm

Well, bless my buttons and cue the fiddle music, 'cause it's time for this ol' gal to rustle up some thoughts on the Madison Wolves' 2058 roster. Now, I ain't one to mince words or hold back the reins, so saddle up and hang on tight for a ride through the wild west of baseball banter.

First off, let me tell ya, this roster's got more twists and turns than a tumbleweed caught in a dust storm. We got ourselves a fine bunch of strapping lads ready to take on the diamond, but there's some names here that got me scratchin' my head like a flea-ridden dog. Take this Rule 5 draft business, for instance. I couldn't tell ya the first thing about it, but if it means them Omaha Cyclones are stealin' our players faster than a bandit in the night, well, I'll be hornswoggled!

Now, let's talk about our pitchers. We got Jon Brown, Josh Clark, Boris Milatovic, Tyler Murray, Lucas Wood, and a whole mess of others. It's like a cowboy showdown with these fellas, each one tryin' to outgun the other. But mark my words, there's a couple of gunslingers in this bunch that'll have them other teams quakin' in their boots.

But it ain't just the pitchers who got my knickers in a twist. Oh no, we got ourselves some fine lads holdin' down the fort on the field too. Ziad Abdul-Samad and Ramiro Castillo behind the plate, Carl Clements and Pedro Rocha at first base, and Joe Drayton, Jr. and John Maggard holdin' down the fort in the infield. And let me tell ya, there's some young blood in there that's got me feelin' like a spring chicken again!

But now, let's talk about the man of the hour, the shining star in the Madison Wolves' constellation: Manobu Shimizu. Lord have mercy, that man's got more talent in his pinky finger than most folks got in their whole body. And with that contract of his, well, it's like watchin' a king hold court on the field. Now, I ain't one to gossip, but if I were a few decades younger, I'd be whisperin' sweet nothings in that man's ear faster than a jackrabbit on a hot tin roof. Oh, the dreams of an old gal, I tell ya.

Now, before I mosey on outta here, I wanna talk about somethin' that's been rattlin' around in this ol' noggin of mine. I've been thinkin' 'bout startin' me up a little blog to follow the Wolves this season. Lord knows I ain't the most tech-savvy gal in town, but if there's one thing I know, it's how to cheer on my boys in blue. So keep your eyes peeled for ol' Gertie's musings on the Wolves' journey through the season. Who knows, maybe I'll figure out this inter-webs thing after all!

Well, that's all from me for now, folks. Keep your boots shined, your hats tipped, and your eyes on the prize, 'cause the Madison Wolves are comin' for that championship like a stampede on the prairie.

Yours in baseball and bewilderment,
Gertie

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 2058.04 - Gerties take on the 25 man

Post by Jwalk100 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:32 pm

Gertie is a sabertooth not a cougar!

Gertie with her last conquest.

images.jpeg
images.jpeg (10.49 KiB) Viewed 296 times
ImageImageImageImageImage

7teen
BBA GM

Post by 7teen » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:40 am

Good Ol' Gertie! Bless her heart!
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:49 pm

I first read this as "Gertie takes on the 25 man," so I wasn't quite sure what to expect.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:07 pm

RonCo wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:49 pm
I first read this as "Gertie takes on the 25 man," so I wasn't quite sure what to expect.
That video won't be released til all-star break.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”