GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2058.02 - Wolves Sign SP away from division rival

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:46 am

**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**

**Madison Wolves Secure Jon Brown in Two-Year, $18 Million Agreement**

Madison, WI - December 1st, 2057 - The Madison Wolves have made a significant move to strengthen their pitching rotation with the signing of free agent starting pitcher Jon Brown to a lucrative two-year contract valued at $18 million. This deal marks a pivotal moment for the Wolves as they look to solidify their roster for the upcoming season and beyond.

Brown, a seasoned veteran who has spent his entire career with division rival Des Moines Kernels, brings a wealth of experience and reliability to the Wolves' pitching staff. Over the past three seasons, Brown has consistently proven himself as a dependable mid to back-end rotation starter, showcasing his ability to deliver quality outings and keep his team in contention.

General Manager Mike Simon expressed his enthusiasm about adding Brown to the Wolves' roster, highlighting the pitcher's consistency and durability as key attributes that will benefit the team.

"Jon Brown is a proven performer with a track record of success in the league," said GM Simon. "His ability to eat innings and provide quality starts makes him a valuable asset for our pitching staff. We believe that his experience and leadership will play a vital role in our quest for success in the upcoming season."

Head Coach Will Myers echoed GM Simon's sentiments, emphasizing Brown's reliability and effectiveness on the mound.

"Jon Brown is the epitome of a professional pitcher," said Coach Myers. "He's a workhorse who takes the ball every fifth day and gives his team a chance to win. His consistency and durability make him an invaluable addition to our rotation, and we're excited to see him in a Wolves uniform."

Brown, speaking to the media after finalizing the deal, expressed his excitement about joining the Wolves and contributing to their success.

"I'm thrilled to be joining the Madison Wolves and starting this new chapter in my career," said Brown. "While I have nothing but respect for my time in Des Moines, I believe that Madison offers me the opportunity for a fresh start and a chance to compete for a championship. The Wolves have shown a commitment to winning, and I'm excited to be a part of their journey."

With Brown's addition to the pitching rotation, the Madison Wolves are poised to make a strong push for postseason success in the upcoming season.

For media inquiries, please contact:
Hank.Venture@MadisonWolves.com
MediaReleations@MadisonWolves.com
(608) 867-5309

### About the Madison Wolves

The Madison Wolves are a professional baseball team known for their competitive spirit and dedication to excellence. They compete in the Brewster Baseball Association and have a strong legacy of success both on and off the field. The Wolves are committed to fostering a sense of community and providing their fans with thrilling baseball experiences.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2058.02 - Wolves Sign SP away from division rival

Post by RonCo » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:03 pm

I was hoping I could get him for the Krill.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

joshd19
BBA GM

Re: 2058.02 - Wolves Sign SP away from division rival

Post by joshd19 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:15 pm

Happy to let you overpay for your #4 SP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
GM, Des Moines Kernels, 2058-
GM, London Monarchs, 2057 (Denny's & Marko Worldwide Champs)
Esteemed extreme ironing coach & practitioner, GEICO, 2046-2056

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”