2058.01 - Wolves Resign Veteran Catcher

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2058.01 - Wolves Resign Veteran Catcher

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:33 am

**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**

**Madison Wolves Re-Sign Veteran Catcher Ziad Abdul-Samad to One-Year, $13 Million Deal**

Madison, WI - December 1st, 2057 - The Madison Wolves and veteran catcher Ziad Abdul-Samad have reached an agreement to keep the seasoned player in the team's ranks for the upcoming season. The deal, which was finalized after extensive negotiations, sees Abdul-Samad returning to the Wolves for a one-year contract worth $13 million. The signing was officially announced today following the successful conclusion of discussions between both parties.

Abdul-Samad, who has been an integral part of the Wolves roster for the past four seasons, brings a wealth of experience and leadership to the team. With his consistent performance both at the plate and behind the dish, Abdul-Samad has established himself as a valuable asset for the Wolves organization.

Throughout his tenure with the Wolves, Abdul-Samad has showcased his offensive prowess, maintaining an impressive batting average and on-base percentage. His statistics over the past four seasons demonstrate his reliability and contribution to the team's success:

- **2054:** .328 AVG, .344 OBP, 5 HR, 61 RBI
- **2055:** .322 AVG, .349 OBP, 3 HR, 38 RBI
- **2056:** .301 AVG, .356 OBP, 7 HR, 58 RBI
- **2057:** .321 AVG, .360 OBP, 8 HR, 42 RBI

In addition to his on-field performance, Abdul-Samad's leadership qualities have been invaluable to the Wolves, particularly in mentoring the team's young pitching staff. Head Coach Will Myers praised Abdul-Samad's influence in the clubhouse, highlighting his role in nurturing the development of the team's emerging talent.

"Ziad Abdul-Samad is more than just a talented player; he's a clubhouse veteran whose presence positively impacts our entire team," said Coach Myers. "His experience and leadership are invaluable assets, especially in guiding our young pitchers. We're thrilled to have him back for another season."

Abdul-Samad, addressing the media after the signing, expressed his gratitude for the opportunity to continue his career with the Wolves. "It's a great honor to be able to represent the Madison Wolves for another season," said Abdul-Samad. "This organization holds a special place in my heart, and I'm thrilled to be able to contribute to its success once again. I'm grateful to my family for their unwavering support, and I'm excited to see what the upcoming season holds for us."

Abdul-Samad's re-signing is a testament to the strong relationship between the player and the team, underscoring his commitment to the Wolves and the city of Madison. With his return secured, the Wolves look forward to another season of success with Abdul-Samad behind the plate.

For media inquiries, please contact:
Hank.Venture@MadisonWolves.com
MediaReleations@MadisonWolves.com
(608) 867-5309

### About the Madison Wolves

The Madison Wolves are a professional baseball team known for their competitive spirit and dedication to excellence. They compete in the Brewster Baseball Association and have a strong legacy of success both on and off the field. The Wolves are committed to fostering a sense of community and providing their fans with thrilling baseball experiences.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2058.01 - Wolves Resign Veteran Catcher

Post by RonCo » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:02 pm

Lots of cash, but a good one year deal, I think.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: 2058.01 - Wolves Resign Veteran Catcher

Post by CTBrewCrew » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:15 am

nothing wrong with a 1 year deal :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”