2057.01 - Jose Hernandez calls it quits.

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2057.01 - Jose Hernandez calls it quits.

Post by CTBrewCrew » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:41 pm

**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**

*Madison Wolves Icon Jose Hernandez Announces Retirement After 16 Remarkable Seasons*

Madison, November 11th, 2056 — Today, in a heartfelt press conference held at the Wolves' home stadium, baseball legend Jose Hernandez officially announced his retirement from professional baseball. Having spent his entire illustrious 16-year career with the Madison Wolves, Hernandez leaves an indelible mark on the franchise and the sport as a whole.

**A Legacy Etched in Madison History**

Drafted in 2038 as the 15th pick in Round 3, Jose Hernandez quickly became a linchpin for the Wolves, showcasing his exceptional skills both at the plate and in the field. With a career spanning over 2,158 games and 8,051 at-bats, Hernandez's contributions have been nothing short of extraordinary.

Hernandez, a stalwart in the Wolves' lineup, has amassed impressive career statistics, finishing with a .277 batting average, 2,230 hits, 373 doubles, 99 triples, and 207 home runs. His offensive prowess, combined with defensive excellence, earned him accolades and admiration from fans and peers alike.

**Hernandez Reflects on His Journey with the Wolves**

Speaking at the press conference, Hernandez expressed his gratitude and shared his thoughts on the decision to retire: "It's been an incredible journey, and I am truly blessed to have spent my entire career wearing the Madison Wolves uniform. The organization, the fans, my teammates—they've been my extended family. I gave this game everything I had, and now, it's time for a new chapter."

Reflecting on the emotional connection with Madison fans, Hernandez continued, "Madison has been my home for 16 amazing years. The cheers, the chants, the unwavering support—I felt it all. I hope I've been able to bring as much joy to the fans as they have brought to me. This city, this team, will always have a special place in my heart."

**Enduring Contributions on and off the Field**

Over the course of his career, Hernandez not only became a statistical force but also a clubhouse leader and a mentor to younger players. His impact extended beyond the box scores, influencing the Wolves' culture and contributing to the development of future talents.

General Manager Mike Simon spoke highly of Hernandez's legacy, stating, "Jose Hernandez is more than a player; he's an embodiment of the Madison Wolves' spirit. His dedication, work ethic, and leadership have left an enduring mark on our organization. As we bid farewell to a true legend, we also celebrate the legacy he leaves behind."

**Awards and Accolades**

Hernandez's trophy cabinet is adorned with numerous awards, including multiple Best Hitter, Best Fielder, and Newcomer of the Year titles. His excellence in the postseason, notably in 2049, showcased his ability to elevate his game when it mattered most.

The Wolves organization, in recognition of Hernandez's contributions, will host a special retirement ceremony during the upcoming season, inviting fans to join in honoring the retiring legend.

**Looking to the Future**

As Jose Hernandez bids farewell to the field, the Madison Wolves organization and its fans now turn their gaze to the future. The impact Hernandez has had on the team, the city, and the sport as a whole will endure, becoming an integral part of Madison Wolves history.

Hernandez, in concluding his address to the media, offered a glimpse into what the future holds: "While this chapter of my life comes to a close, I'm excited about what lies ahead. I plan to stay connected to the game in different ways and continue giving back to the community that has given me so much. Thank you, Madison, for an incredible journey. Go Wolves!"

The Madison Wolves invite fans, media, and the entire community to join in celebrating the remarkable career of Jose Hernandez—a player, a leader, and a Madison Wolves legend.

For media inquiries, please contact:
Hank.Venture@MadisonWolves.com
MediaReleations@MadisonWolves.com
(608) 867-5309

### About the Madison Wolves

The Madison Wolves are a professional baseball team known for their competitive spirit and dedication to excellence. They compete in the Brewster Baseball Association and have a strong legacy of success both on and off the field. The Wolves are committed to fostering a sense of community and providing their fans with thrilling baseball experiences.

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 2057.01 - Jose Hernandez calls it quits.

Post by Dington » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:00 pm

Called the phone number, some girl named Jenny answered.

Also, your loyalty is amazing. I don't recall ever seeing this guy despite his tenure in Madison.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Post by Lane » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:15 pm

cool. wonder if we'll see him return to Madison as a coach
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:03 pm

I was thinking of that…perhaps a future storyline….

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”