2054.14 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Weeks 10-12

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2054.14 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Weeks 10-12

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:52 pm

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 21 year old shortstop for the Burlington Big Eyed Fish, a Minor League Baseball team of the Madison Wolves. I was recently drafted in 2053 by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the franchise for two years now. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

June 24th, 2054

Dear diary,

I've been feeling a bit frustrated with my performance lately. Over the last 17 games, my batting average has been a measly .219 and my on-base percentage is only .250. I'm trying to stay positive though, as I know it's just a slump and I'll bounce back soon enough. The team's hitting stats haven't been great either, as we've gone 8-9 in those 17 games, but we're still holding onto second place in the division.

On a brighter note, I've become good friends with pitcher Tony Tighe and we're now roommates on the road. We've had some pretty wild adventures together, but the last road trip takes the cake. We were in a small town in the middle of nowhere and decided to hit up a local bar. As the night went on, we met a group of locals who invited us to a farm party. We thought it would be a fun idea, so we hopped in their car and made our way to the farm.

Once we got there, things got a bit weird. They had a donkey in a pen and insisted that we ride it. Tony and I were hesitant at first, but after a few drinks, we gave in. As we were riding the donkey around the pen, we noticed a police car pulling up to the farm. We immediately panicked and tried to hide, but it was too late. The officers found us and started questioning us about the donkey.

Thankfully, the locals were able to smooth things over with the cops and we were let go with a warning. As we were leaving, they gave us a jock strap covered in chocolate sprinkles as a souvenir. It was definitely a night to remember.

Overall, despite my recent slump, I'm grateful to be part of such a great team and to have made such a good friend in Tony. I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the season holds and hope to turn my performance around soon.

Yours truly,

John Maggard

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: 2054.14 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Weeks 10-12

Post by trmmilwwi » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:43 am

This is when things start to go sideways on little Johnny.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”