2054.13 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Weeks 7-9

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2054.13 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Weeks 7-9

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:18 am

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 21 year old shortstop for the Burlington Big Eyed Fish, a Minor League Baseball team of the Madison Wolves. I was recently drafted in 2053 by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the franchise for two years now. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

June 2nd 2054,

Dear Diary,

I apologize for not writing in almost two weeks. It's been a hectic time on the field, and I just couldn't find the time. I promise to be more consistent going forward.

In the last 15 games, we've gone 9-6, which is still good enough for second place in the division, just behind Weymouth. It's been a team effort, and I'm proud of what we've accomplished so far.

I feel relieved that Ken Proctor, whose spot I took, got promoted to AAA when he returned off the injury list. It's not that I'm happy to see someone else get hurt, but it makes me feel more secure about my spot on the team. I don't have to worry about losing playing time, and I can just focus on doing my best to help the team win.

As for my performance on the field, I'm pretty happy with how I'm doing. My hitting stats for the season are good, with a .333 batting average and a .510 slugging percentage. My fielding stats are also decent, with a .975 fielding percentage and a 6.22 zone rating. In the last 13 games, my batting average hasn't been as high as I would like, but I'm still contributing to the team with some RBIs, walks, and stolen bases.

As for my performance over the last 13 games, my hitting hasn't been as strong as I would have liked. I've only managed to get 11 hits in 48 at-bats, with just one double, two triples, and a home run. On the bright side, I've still been able to contribute to the team's scoring with four RBIs and five runs scored. I've also been able to steal a base, although I was caught stealing once. Overall, I'm not completely satisfied with my performance, but I know that I can bounce back and contribute more to the team.

Overall, I'm feeling good about our team's chances for the rest of the season. We've got a great group of guys, and I'm excited to see what we can accomplish together.

Two guys that have been doing really well this season, and I wouldn't be surprised if they get promoted soon are our catcher Sal Bell, has been performing well with a batting average of .327 and 12 RBIs. Mark Shook, the team's third baseman, has been having a great season with a batting average of .335 and 38 runs scored.

I've been really impressed with Tony Tighe's performance this season. He's been a consistent starter with a 5-1 record and a 2.14 ERA. Plus, we've become good friends off the field. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets promoted soon. Another pitcher who has been helping the team is Asvin Sivakumaran, who has a 3-4 record but a stellar 1.99 ERA. He's been a reliable starter for us. Overall, I'm proud of our pitching staff this season and I think we have a lot of talent that could be promoted to higher levels soon.

Until next time,
John.

Return to “Madison Wolves”