2054.12 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Week 6

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2054.12 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Week 6

Post by CTBrewCrew » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:24 pm

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 21 year old shortstop for the Burlington Big Eyed Fish, a Minor League Baseball team of the Madison Wolves. I was recently drafted in 2053 by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the franchise for two years now. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

It's been a long 12 games, and I'm feeling a mix of emotions about my performance. There were certainly some highs and lows, and I'm trying to learn from both as I move forward. Here's how I did over the past few weeks...

On one hand, I'm happy with my batting stats. I was able to get 19 hits in 47 at-bats, resulting in a .404 batting average and .429 on-base percentage. I also drove in four runs and scored five times. However, I am still not satisfied with my performance. I only hit one double and one triple in these 12 games, and I struck out four times. I know I can do better, and I need to work on being more consistent and driving in more runs.

On the season, I am happy with my overall stats. I've played in 29 games and have accumulated 42 hits, including three home runs and eight doubles. I've also driven in 17 runs and scored 15 times. My batting average is .389, and my on-base percentage is .419. I've been working hard on my hitting this season, and I'm happy to see the results.

On defense, I've been playing mostly at shortstop, and I feel confident in my abilities. I've made five errors in 249.2 innings, resulting in a .966 fielding percentage. I've also been able to make some great plays, resulting in a range factor of 5.12 and an efficiency of 1.079.

The team has been playing well, and we are currently in first place by a half-game over Weymouth. However, we need to start pulling away from the rest of the pack if we want to secure our spot in the playoffs. In the last 10 games, we went 5-5, and we need to do better if we want to maintain our position.

Our next game is against Weymouth, and it's a must-win for us. I need to stay focused and work on improving my hitting so that I can help the team win.

During this season, I have built a great friendship with Ramiro Dolabela, our second baseman. He's always willing to lend an ear and give great advice. On our off days, we usually like to play some basketball or golf to blow off some steam. It's great to have some downtime and have some fun with my teammates. I think our friendship off the field only helps us when we are playing in a game at SS and 2B.

As for how they're doing this season, I can say that Sal Bell, our catcher, is doing a fantastic job at the plate with a .317 average and 8 RBI's. Mark Shook, our third baseman, is also killing it with a .327 average, 4 home runs, and 29 RBI's. Overall, I'm excited to see what the rest of the season has in store for us!

I wanted to write about Tony Tighe today. He has been doing an amazing job on the mound this season. In his 9 starts, he has a 3-1 record and a 2.33 ERA with a 1.17 WHIP. He seems to have really found his rhythm and has been pitching with confidence and control.

I've been playing with Tony for a few years now and I've always known he had the talent to be a top-tier pitcher, but this season he has really exceeded my expectations. His pitches have been spot on, and he has been able to keep batters guessing with his mix of pitches. It's been a joy to watch him pitch, and I'm sure it's been a nightmare for the opposing teams.

It's not just his performance on the field that makes Tony a valuable asset to the team, but his leadership and mentorship to some of the younger guys. He's always willing to offer advice and help his teammates improve their game.

I think Tony has a real chance to make a big impact this season, and I'm excited to see what he'll accomplish next. I'm proud to call him my teammate and friend.

Until next time

Return to “Madison Wolves”