2054.08 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Week 4

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2054.08 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Week 4

Post by CTBrewCrew » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:50 pm

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 21 year old shortstop for the Burlington Big Eyed Fish, a Minor League Baseball team of the Madison Wolves. I was recently drafted in 2053 by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the franchise for two years now. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

April 22nd, 2054

Today was a tough game against Sioux City Xplorers. We had a good start but could not keep up with their offense in the later innings, and we lost 10-7. Personally, I am happy with my performance as I managed to get two hits and an RBI in my two at-bats before being substituted in the fifth inning. It was great to see our other players doing well too, especially D. Grimes who had three hits, and J. Dillard who managed a hit and three RBIs. M. Shook also hit a two-run homer in the fifth inning, but unfortunately, it was not enough to get us the win.

Despite the loss, we are still confident and will work hard to come back stronger in the next game. I am proud of my team and the effort we put in today. We will analyze our mistakes and learn from them.

April 23rd, 2054

Today's game was a tough loss for us against Sioux City Xplorers. I'm feeling quite disappointed about our performance, and although we fought hard, we were unable to come out on top. There were a few bright spots in our batting line-up though, and I'd like to give a shoutout to some of my teammates.

M. Shook, who hit a single and managed to steal a base, is always a consistent performer for us. He has a great attitude and is always willing to do whatever it takes to help the team. J. Carpenter had a good game as well, getting a hit and stealing a base, and he also made a great throw from the outfield to prevent a run. A. Curry came in as a pinch hitter and had a clutch hit, driving in our only run of the game.

Defensively, we made a few mistakes, but we also turned a double play which was great to see. A. Contreras and E. Jackson both had good days behind the plate as well, calling a good game and making some great catches.

Overall, it was a disappointing loss, but we'll get back to the field tomorrow and work on improving our performance. We have a great team, and I'm confident we'll bounce back.

April 24th, 2054

What a game today! We lost to the Sioux City Xplorers, but it was a hard-fought battle. I did my best, and I am proud of my performance. I hit a home run in the second inning, which felt amazing. I also had one walk, and one run batted in. It's always great to help the team out.

Speaking of the team, we have a great group of guys. I am becoming close with a few of them. During the game, I was talking to Á. Contreras, who had a double in the third inning. He's a solid player and a great guy. I also chatted with J. Dillard, who had three hits today. He's been hitting the ball well all season, and I'm impressed with his consistency.

S. Bell had a great day at the plate as well. He hit a three-run homer in the eighth inning, which got us back in the game. D. Grimes had a hit too. I know he's been struggling a bit lately, but I have faith in him. A. Curry didn't get any hits today, but he made some great plays in the field. Y. Suzuki had a hit and a walk before being replaced by E. Jackson.

Overall, it was a tough loss, but we'll get them next time. We have a great group of guys, and I know we can bounce back. Until then, I'll keep practicing and getting ready for the next game.

Go Big Eyed Fish!

April 26th, 2054

Wow, what a game! We managed to pull out a 4-2 victory against Beloit today. It wasn't our prettiest performance, but we got the job done.

I started at third base today, and I felt like I had a pretty good game defensively. I made a couple of nice plays to help out our pitcher and keep Beloit from getting any extra runs.

Offensively, we struggled a bit early on. We fell behind 2-0 after the first inning, but we managed to tie it up in the second and take the lead in the fourth. We got a couple of key hits and took advantage of some mistakes by Beloit to get some runs across.

Our pitcher did a great job of keeping Beloit off the board for the rest of the game. He gave up a few hits, but he was able to pitch out of some tough situations and keep us in the lead.

Overall, it wasn't the most exciting game, but a win is a win. We'll take it and get ready for the next one

Player Note:
I can hardly believe it's already been ten games since I joined this club. It feels like it was only yesterday that I stepped onto the field for the first time. Looking back at my stats over these past ten games, I can see that I've been making the most of this opportunity.

I've been working hard and trying to improve my hitting with each game, and it's showing in my stats. In the last four games alone, I've managed to hit a double, a triple, and two home runs, with a total of six RBIs. I'm proud of what I've been able to accomplish, and I'm excited to see what else I can do in the upcoming games.

Over the past ten games, I've had 38 plate appearances and managed to get 11 hits, including two doubles and two home runs. I've also been patient at the plate and drawn five walks, which has helped increase my on-base percentage. My overall OPS is an impressive 1.034, which is something I'm really proud of.

I'm grateful for this opportunity to be a part of this team, and I'm determined to continue working hard and improving with each game. Who knows what the next ten games will bring, but I'm ready to give it my all and see where this journey takes me.

Return to “Madison Wolves”