2054.07 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Week 3

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2054.07 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Week 3

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:46 pm

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 21 year old shortstop for the Burlington Big Eyed Fish, a Minor League Baseball team of the Madison Wolves. I was recently drafted in 2053 by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the franchise for two years now. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

April 22nd, 2054 --

Dear Diary,

I can hardly believe it - I've been promoted from the Boulder Crush to the Burlington Big Eyed Fish, our AA team! I received the call from GM Simon a few days ago and I'm still in shock. I'm so excited to have this opportunity, but I'm also feeling quite nervous.

It's been a whirlwind journey for me so far. In less than a year, I've moved from Short A to AA in only my second season with the Wolves. Looking back, I can hardly believe how far I've come.

In Boulder, I played 13 games and managed a .294 / .368 / .373 slash line, which I'm pretty happy with. Now that I'm playing for the Big Eyed Fish, I'm seeing the ball really well and feeling very confident at the plate.

Since being promoted to the Burlington Big Eyed Fish, I have been seeing the ball really well at the plate. My approach has been to stay relaxed and focus on making solid contact with the ball. I have been able to put together some good at-bats and it has been showing in my stats. Starting all 6, and I am hitting .368 with a .458 OBP and .579 SLG. I have already hit 1 HR, have 7 hits, and have driven in 4 runs. I am really happy with how I am playing and it feels great to contribute to the team's success.

It is still early in the season, but it's been really exciting to see my name climb up the leaderboard for hitting among the Donaldo league shortstops. I am currently sitting at third place and hope to continue to improve as the season progresses.

Playing at the AA level is definitely a step up in competition, but I feel confident in my abilities and have been working hard to improve my game every day. I am grateful for this opportunity and will continue to give it my all on the field.

Of course, I'm here because Ken Proctor, the team's season opening SS, was out with an injury. But it's great to see some familiar faces, including fellow 2053 draft picks Angel Nevarez, Ho-jun Ch'a and 2B Angelo Contreras (who I was close with last year at Saint Johns).

I'm determined to make the most of this opportunity and continue to work hard on my baseball skills. Who knows where this journey will take me next!

Until next time,
John

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: 2054.07 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Week 3

Post by trmmilwwi » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:28 am

Do the Big Eyed Fish have Reel Big Fish as their house band?!
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: 2054.07 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Week 3

Post by CTBrewCrew » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:17 pm

....maybe

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”