2054.05 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Week 2

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2054.05 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Week 2

Post by CTBrewCrew » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:59 pm

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 21 year old shortstop for the Boulder Crush, a Minor League Baseball team of the Madison Wolves. I was recently drafted in 2053 by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the franchise for two years now. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

April 14, 2054 --

Dear diary,

As I reflect on the past week of games, I can't help but feel a range of emotions. The team went 2-4, bringing our overall record to 6-7. While it's not the start we were hoping for, I am proud of our resilience and determination to keep pushing forward.

Personally, I am grateful to have started all 13 games this year for the Crush. It's a great feeling to know that my hard work and dedication are being recognized by the coaching staff. Last year, during my time with Saint Johns, I played in only 20 games. So, to have played in 13 games already this season is a big accomplishment for me.

Looking back at my stats, I know there's always room for improvement, but I'm proud of what I've been able to contribute so far. During the past week's games, I had some ups and downs at the plate, but I managed to finish the week with a .294 batting average. I was particularly happy with my performance in our last two series against Parump & Tombstone, where I went 4-for-13 with four runs scored. While we did lose the last game, it felt good to contribute to the team's effort and help keep us in the game.

On the defensive side, I feel like I've been able to hold my own. In my 13 games this season, I've made one error and have a .980 fielding percentage. I take pride in my ability to contribute on both sides of the ball and help the team in any way possible.

Switching gears, one of the biggest adjustments for me this season has been getting used to the altitude in Boulder. It's been a challenge, but I feel like I'm adapting well. At first, I noticed that I was getting winded more easily during games and practices, but I've been working hard to improve my conditioning and stamina. I've also been paying closer attention to my nutrition and hydration to make sure I'm giving my body the fuel it needs to perform at a high level.

All in all, it's been a challenging but rewarding start to the season. I'm excited to continue to grow as a player and to help the team achieve our goals. We have a great group of guys, and I have no doubt that we'll bounce back and have a successful season.

Until next time....

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: 2054.05 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Week 2

Post by trmmilwwi » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:54 am

It'd be too bad if this guy gets hit with one of the OOTP injury bugs by getting hit by a semi or falling in his hot tub or something and being out for 4 months.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: 2054.05 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Week 2

Post by CTBrewCrew » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:34 pm

….or Gerte starts looking for a younger man….

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”