2054.04 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Week 1

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2054.04 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Week 1

Post by CTBrewCrew » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:59 pm

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 21 year old shortstop for the Boulder Crush, a Minor League Baseball team of the Madison Wolves. I was recently drafted in 2053 by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the franchise for two years now. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

April 8, 2054 --

Dear diary,

It's been a whirlwind of changes for me these past few months. After spending some time back in my home of Sandy Springs, GA during the off-season, I was excited to get back to the States to start playing ball again. I was thrilled when I found out that I had been promoted to the Madison Wolves' A club, the Boulder Crush. It's been a challenging transition, but I'm starting to get more comfortable with each passing day.

Moving to a new city is always tough, but I'm grateful to have made some new friends on the team. It's been great getting to know my new teammates, and we've been spending a lot of time together outside of practice and games. The guys have been showing me around town and helping me adjust to my new surroundings.

I spent most of my off-season working on my baseball skills, trying to prepare myself for the next level. It was frustrating at times, but I knew that the hard work would pay off eventually. I'm glad that I did because now that the season has started, I feel like I'm in a good place.

The minor league trainers with the Wolves have been fantastic in helping me stay focused and improve my game. They've been working with me to fine-tune my skills, and I feel like I'm making progress every day.

As for the season so far, we're off to a decent start. We're 4-3 after our first seven games, and I'm happy to be contributing to the team's success. As for my performance on the field, I think I'm doing pretty well. I've played in all seven games so far and have had 25 at-bats. Out of those, I've gotten seven hits, including two doubles. I've also driven in one run and scored two runs myself. I'm happy with my .280 batting average and .379 on-base percentage, but I know there's always room for improvement.

Defensively, I'm playing shortstop and have started in all seven games as well. I've had four putouts, 21 assists, and have turned one double play. I'm feeling pretty confident in my abilities, and my perfect fielding percentage of 1.000 shows that I'm doing my job well. I still have a lot to learn and improve on, but I'm ready to work hard and do whatever it takes to help my team win.

Overall, it's been a challenging few months, but I'm grateful for the opportunities that I've had. I'm excited to see where this season takes me, and I'm going to keep working hard to improve my game. I'm looking forward to continuing to make new friends on the team and exploring all that this new city has to offer.

Until next time...

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 2054.03 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 Week 1

Post by Jwalk100 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:00 pm

He's baaaaaaack!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”