GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2054.03 - Wolves Bolster Bullpen Sign FA from Division Rival

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:50 am

FOR IMMEDAITE RELEASE

December 16,2053

The Madison Wolves have announced the signing of pitcher Gilberto Cordero to a 3-year deal worth $8.4 million. Cordero brings a wealth of experience and talent to the team, having spent the last 11 years in the BBA, including the last 8 with the Chicago franchise.

Cordero's career statistics speak for themselves, with a career ERA of 3.48, and a FIP of 3.87. He has a career K/9 rate of 18.8%, and has kept his walk rate to a very manageable 7.24%. With 27 career saves, Cordero has also shown the ability to close out games when needed.

The 32-year-old right-hander had another solid season in 2053, appearing in 46 games for Boise, where he posted a 5.19 ERA, 1.50 FIP, and recorded 41 strikeouts in 50.1 innings pitched. Cordero's experience and consistency on the mound will be a welcome addition to the Wolves' bullpen.

"We are thrilled to add Gilberto Cordero to our roster," said Wolves' General Manager, Mike Simon. "He brings a veteran presence to our bullpen and has proven to be a reliable and consistent pitcher throughout his career. We believe he will be a valuable asset to our team."

Cordero is excited to join the Wolves and contribute to their success. "I am looking forward to joining the Wolves and helping the team win games," said Cordero. "I believe we have a talented group of players, and I am excited to be a part of it."

The Wolves are coming off a successful season in which they finished fifth in the Heartland with a record of 79-83. The addition of Cordero to their bullpen should help bolster their pitching staff and give them an even better chance at contending in 2054.

Return to “Madison Wolves”