2053.25 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 16 - Season Over

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2053.25 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 16 - Season Over

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:09 am

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 20 year old shortstop for the Saint John Water Wolves, a Minor League Baseball team in the Caribbean. I was recently drafted by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the Water Wolves for the past few weeks. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

August 30th, 2053

Today was the final game of the playoffs for the Saint Johns Water Wolves, and I can't believe how fast this season has flown by. It feels like just yesterday that I was reporting to my first day of spring training, unsure of what to expect and a little nervous about how I would fit in with my new teammates. But as it turns out, I couldn't have asked for a better group of guys to play alongside. I've made some truly great friendships on this team, and I know that even though the season is now over, these are friendships that will last a lifetime.

As I woke up this morning, I felt a mix of nerves and excitement. I knew that this was a big game, one that would determine whether or not we would advance in the playoffs. To try and calm my nerves, I went for a run around the neighborhood and listened to some music that I knew would get me pumped up. It worked, and by the time I got back to the hotel, I was feeling ready to take on the Toppers.

The atmosphere in the clubhouse before the game was electric. Everyone was focused, but there were also a lot of jokes and laughter going around. One of my teammates, B. Hanson, did a funny dance to try and get everyone loose, and it worked. We were all laughing and feeling good as we walked out to the field.

The game itself was intense, and unfortunately, we came up short. The Toppers had a great performance and beat us 5-3. It's tough to lose, especially when it's the final game of the season, but I'm proud of how hard we fought and how far we've come as a team. I had a decent game, going 1-for-5 with a single. My teammates, B. Moon and B. Zimmerman also had a decent game, both going 1-for-4 with a single. But the Toppers had a great performance, with B. Gilbert hitting two home runs and P. Ramírez hitting one home run.

As the final out was recorded, and the Toppers celebrated on the field, I couldn't help but feel a little melancholy. The season is over, and it went by so fast. But at the same time, I know that I've grown so much as a person and as a player during my time with the Water Wolves. I'm grateful for the opportunity to have played with such a great group of guys, and I hope that many of us will continue to move up the ranks together in the future.

As for my plans after the season is over, I'm not sure yet. I'll probably take some time to rest and spend time with my family before figuring out what's next. But I know that I'll always look back on this season with fondness, and I'll always be grateful for the lessons and experiences that I gained during my time with the Saint Johns Water Wolves.

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: 2053.25 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 16 - Season Over

Post by Trebro » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:03 pm

Really fun series!
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 2053.25 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 16 - Season Over

Post by Dington » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:29 pm

Keep it up! And better not spend too much time relaxing, Maggard! Hit the weight room!
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”