2053.24 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 15 - Playoffs!

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2053.24 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 15 - Playoffs!

Post by CTBrewCrew » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:02 pm

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 20 year old shortstop for the Saint John Water Wolves, a Minor League Baseball team in the Caribbean. I was recently drafted by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the Water Wolves for the past few weeks. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

August 29th, 2053

It was game 2 of the playoffs, and the crowd was electric. The stands were packed with over 14,000 fans who had gotten there early to grab the best seats. I woke up early that morning feeling nervous about the game, but I tried to stay calm by going for a walk and listening to some music. When I got to the clubhouse, my teammate B.Yelland was doing his best impression of a chicken to try and lighten the mood, it was hilarious and it helped ease the tension a bit.

As we walked out to the field, the crowd was loud and it was an amazing feeling. I could see the fans holding signs and cheering us on. I knew that I had to focus on the game and not let the atmosphere get to me. We started the game strong, with a run in the first inning, but La Paz Toppers came back strong in the later innings. They scored 1 in the 5th, 4 in the 6th and 1 in the 8th. We were unable to score again and lost the game with a final score of 5-1.

I felt like I played well, I had 2 hits and a .444 average for the game. My teammates, B. Zimmerman and Á. Contreras also had good games, but as a team, we just couldn't seem to get the runs we needed. Their pitcher E. Catlow was tough, and we just couldn't seem to get a handle on him.

The atmosphere was electric and it was an amazing experience to play in front of such a large and supportive crowd. Even though we didn't win, I was proud of how we played and I know that we will come back stronger next game. The series is now tied 1-1, and I'm looking forward to the next game and giving it my all.

Return to “Madison Wolves”