2053.22 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 12

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2053.22 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 12

Post by CTBrewCrew » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:53 pm

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 20 year old shortstop for the Saint John Water Wolves, a Minor League Baseball team in the Caribbean. I was recently drafted by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the Water Wolves for the past few weeks. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

August 15th, 2053

Today was a big day for our team, as we faced off against the Paraiso Sea Dogs in what was a must-win game for us. The team and I were determined to come out on top and solidify our spot in the playoffs. The energy in the locker room before the game was electric, and I could feel the tension in the air.

I was feeling good heading into the game, and I was excited to be back in the lineup after taking a day off for rest. I was ready to help my team in any way I could, whether it was with my bat or my glove.

The game got off to a good start for us, as we managed to score a run in the first inning. From there, it was a bit of a defensive battle, as both teams were locked in a scoreless game until the 6th inning, when the Sea Dogs managed to score 2 runs. The tension in the air was palpable, but our team didn't give up.

In the bottom of the 8th inning, we managed to score a run to cut the deficit to one. And then in the bottom of the 9th, with two outs and two strikes, our team managed to string together a couple of hits and score 2 runs to secure the win. The entire team was ecstatic, as we had just won a crucial game that put us one step closer to clinching a playoff spot.

After the game, I talked to some of my teammates and we all agreed that this was a huge win for us. With just a few games left in the season, we are now just three wins away from securing a spot in the playoffs. We all know that it's going to be a tough road ahead, but we're ready for the challenge. I'm looking forward to the next game and helping my team in any way I can to secure that playoff spot.

August 16th, 2053

Today was an exciting game for me and the team. We were able to secure another win against the Paraiso Sea Dogs with a final score of 4-2. As the shortstop, I had a solid outing at the plate, going 1 for 4 with no errors on the field.

Our pitchers were on fire today, holding the Sea Dogs to only 2 runs and 6 hits. Á. Nevárez started on the mound for us and did an excellent job, going 6 innings and only giving up 2 runs. M. Davis and P. Macías came in for relief and shut the door on the Sea Dogs, giving up no runs and only 1 hit.

The crowd was once again over 11,000 and it was amazing to see the support from our fans. It really helped to boost our morale and it was clear that everyone was giving it their all out there on the field. With this win, our magic number is now 1, which means we're that much closer to clinching a playoff spot. The team is feeling confident and we're ready to finish the season strong.

August 17th, 2053

Today was an unforgettable game, I can't believe we did it! We clinched the division and a spot in the playoffs! The energy in the stadium was electric, with over 12,000 fans in attendance for the third day in a row. It was a nail-biter of a game that went into extra innings, but we pulled it off with a walk-off single by Griffen Dobbs scoring Zimmerman in the bottom of the 13th inning. The stadium erupted with cheers as the fans rushed out onto the field to join in on the celebration.

I couldn't be more proud of my team, we fought hard and never gave up. Our pitching was on point, with R. Lopez starting on the mound and throwing six strong innings, and M. Davis, P. Macias, and J. Beauregard coming in to close it out. They kept the Sea Dogs at bay and gave us a chance to win.

Personally, it was a bit of a rough game for me at the plate. I went 0-5 and struck out twice, but I know that's just part of the game. What's important is that we came together as a team and we were able to pull off the win. It's an incredible feeling to clinch a playoff spot in my first season in the minor leagues.

The energy in the locker room after the game was electric, everyone was high-fiving and congratulating each other. It's moments like these that make all the hard work and dedication worth it. We've got one more week left in the regular season and we're going to give it our all. But for now, we're going to enjoy this moment and celebrate with our fans.

It's an honor to be a part of this team and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play with such talented and dedicated players. I'm looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish in the playoffs. This is a dream come true and I will always cherish these memories.

Return to “Madison Wolves”