2053.21 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 11

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2053.21 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 11

Post by CTBrewCrew » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:09 pm

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 20 year old shortstop for the Saint John Water Wolves, a Minor League Baseball team in the Caribbean. I was recently drafted by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the Water Wolves for the past few weeks. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

August 11th, 2053

Today was yet another hard-fought game, with both teams giving it their all. Unfortunately, we were unable to come out on top in the end. But that's baseball for you - it's a game of inches and anything can happen. Even though we lost, I'm proud of the way that we played and the effort that we put in.

As a team, we were held to only 3 hits, and were unable to bring any runs across the plate. The Aruba Gold pitcher, who was on his game, kept us off balance all game long. We had some opportunities, but just couldn't capitalize on them.

On the defensive side, we played well, with our pitchers throwing strikes and keeping Aruba Gold off the scoreboard for most of the game. Our defense was solid, and we made all the plays we needed to.

Personally, I didn't have much of an impact on the game. I was inserted as a pinch hitter in the 8th inning and was unable to put the ball in play. Despite the lack of results, it's always an honor to be able to contribute to the team, even in a small way.

One of my teammates, Manuel Acevedo, had a solid outing on the mound. He pitched 5 innings and allowed only 3 hits and 0 runs, striking out 7 batters. His performance was key to keeping us in the game and giving us a chance to win.

I have to give a shoutout to Ángelo Contreras who had a good night at the plate. He lead off the game with a double but unfortunately, we were unable to bring him home.

It's tough to lose a game like this, but we'll be back at it tomorrow, ready to give it our all again. We know that we're capable of winning, and we'll keep working hard to make that happen.

August 12th, 2053

Today was another great win for the Saint Johns Water Wolves. We took on the Cayman Islanders and came out on top with a score of 12-5.

The game started off slow with neither team scoring in the first three innings, but we were able to get on the board in the fourth with a run. The Islanders were able to score one in the fifth but we were able to shut them down for the rest of the game.

Our offense really came alive in the later innings, scoring two in the sixth, two in the seventh and five in the eighth. Everyone on the team contributed to the win, but special shoutouts go to R. Carson who had 3 hits and 1 RBI and Ángelo Contreras who had 2 hits and 2 RBIs. W. Moore and T. Yamasaki also had a great game with 2 hits each and 2 and 3 RBIs respectively.

On the pitching side, F. bin Wajih had another great outing, giving up only 1 run on 3 hits and striking out 7 in 5 innings. The rest of the bullpen also did a great job in shutting down the Islanders.

It's been a tough stretch of games, but the team has been able to come together and get the job done and put together a nice bounce back win after being shutout yesterday, and it always feels great to celebrate a win on the field with your teammates.

Tomorrow is another day and another game, and we will be ready to give it our all again. Go Water Wolves!

August 13th 2053

As I sat on the bench during today's game against the Cayman Islanders, I couldn't help but feel a mix of emotions. On one hand, I was disappointed that I didn't get to play and contribute to the team's efforts on the field. On the other hand, I was glad to have the opportunity to rest and recharge for the upcoming games.

I watched as my teammates battled it out on the field, but unfortunately we came up short with a final score of 1-3. The Islanders had a strong performance at the plate, with 9 hits and 3 runs. Our defense also had a bit of a rough day, committing 2 errors.

Despite the loss, there were still some positive takeaways from the game. Brandon Hanson had a good day at the plate, going 2-3 with 2 singles. Ángelo Contreras also came off the bench as a pinch hitter and drove in a run for us.

During the game, I also had the chance to talk with some of my teammates. I chatted with Brandon Yelland and he mentioned that he's been working hard to improve his hitting and he's confident that it will pay off soon. I also talked to Bruce Bastable and he mentioned that he's been focusing on his defense and he's feeling more comfortable in left field.

Overall, it was a tough loss but we'll be back on the field tomorrow, ready to give it our all and come out with a win.

August 14th 2053

Today was an exciting day for me as I was back in the lineup after getting a day of rest yesterday. It felt great to be back out on the field with my teammates and I was really looking forward to this game.

The game ended up being a tight one, but we were able to come out on top with a 6-4 victory over the Cayman Islanders. It was a total team effort and everyone contributed in some way to the win. Our offense was on fire, with 10 hits overall, and our defense was solid, only committing one error.

I had a good game personally, going 1 for 5 with a triple in the 7th inning. It felt great to be able to contribute to the team's success and I'm glad I was able to do that today.

One of the highlights of the game for me was watching Brandon Moon have an incredible performance at third base. He was 3 for 5 with 2 RBIs and was really on fire at the plate. It's always fun to watch a teammate have a great game like that and it definitely helped boost our team's energy.

I also had a chance to talk to some of my teammates on the bench during the game, which is always a good opportunity to catch up and see how they're doing. Anthony Contreras, our second baseman, had a great game as well, going 1 for 3 with a double and an RBI. It's always great to see him performing well, he's a really talented player.

All in all, it was a great game and I'm glad we were able to come out on top. It's always a good feeling to win, especially when you're playing a tough team like the Cayman Islanders. I'm looking forward to the next game and hopefully we can keep this winning streak going.

Return to “Madison Wolves”