2053.20 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 10

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2053.20 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 10

Post by CTBrewCrew » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:41 pm

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 20 year old shortstop for the Saint John Water Wolves, a Minor League Baseball team in the Caribbean. I was recently drafted by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the Water Wolves for the past few weeks. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

Week in review - I'm feeling pretty good about my performance at the plate this past week. I was able to get on base consistently, and was able to drive in some runs for the team. I'm especially happy with my batting average of .312, which is a significant improvement over my season average.

Despite my solid numbers, I know that there is always room for improvement. One area I'd like to focus on is getting on base more often. I had no walks this week and I know that working the count and drawing more walks would help me get on base more frequently. Additionally, I'd like to focus on hitting for more power. While I didn't hit any home runs this week, I know that if I can start driving the ball more consistently, it'll benefit me and the team.

Overall, I'm pleased with my performance this past week, but I'm always looking for ways to improve. I'll be working hard in the coming weeks to make sure I'm contributing to the team in the best way possible.

August 6th, 2053

oday's game against the La Paz Toppers was a tough one for me personally. I didn't have the best day at the plate, going 0-for-5 with a strikeout. I felt like I was hitting the ball well, but just couldn't seem to get any hits to fall. Despite my struggles, the rest of the team picked up the slack and we were able to put up 4 runs on the board.

One of the highlights of the game was Brad Garrett's solo home run in the 4th inning. He's been hitting the ball really well lately and it was great to see him get one out of the park. Brad Hanson also had a good game, hitting a solo homer in the 5th inning and driving in another run.

On the pitching side of things, our starter, Blake Johnson, had a rough outing. He gave up 3 runs in the 5th inning and that's when the Toppers took the lead. But our bullpen did a good job of keeping them from scoring any more runs.

One thing that stood out to me during the game was a player on the other team, Rafael Cruz, starting to talk to me while we were on the bases. He was trying to get into my head and I have to admit, it was a little annoying. But I didn't let it affect me and was able to stay focused on the game.

Overall, it was a disappointing loss, but I know that I can bounce back from this. I'll be working hard in the next few days to make sure that I'm ready for our next game.

August 7th, 2053

It was a tough game for me today, as I went 0-4 at the plate. I felt like I was seeing the ball well, but just couldn't seem to get the hits to fall. Despite the lack of success at the plate, I was pleased that I didn't strike out at all. It's frustrating to not get on base, but it's always a positive to have a solid approach and put the ball in play.

My teammates did a great job of picking up the slack for me, with B. Hanson hitting a homerun and driving in 2 runs, and B. Moon hitting a triple. J. Maggard also had a key RBI to help us score some runs.

On the pitching side, it was a strong performance by our starters. They kept La Paz Toppers scoreless for the first five innings, and only allowed 2 runs throughout the game.

There was also an interesting moment during the game when one of the La Paz Toppers players, E. Galván, started talking to me while he was on the bases. It was a friendly conversation, and he was complimenting on how well I've been playing. It's always nice to have a little interaction with the opposing team like that, but I was focused on trying to help my team win the game.

August 9th, 2053

Today was another big crowd was out to cheer us on today, and unfortunately, we didn't come out on top. We were playing against the Aruba Gold, and it was a tight game throughout. The final score was 3-1 in favor of the Gold.

Personally, I had a decent game at the plate, going 1-for-5 with one RBI, but it wasn't enough to push us to victory. My RBI came in the 4th inning, and it was a good feeling to contribute to the team's score, but it wasn't enough in the end.

My teammates also had a tough time at the plate, with only 6 hits total as a team. B. Yelland and I both went 2-for-5, while B. Zimmerman went 1-for-4.

On the pitching side, it was a tough game for our starters. They did their best to keep us in the game, but the Gold's offense was just too much for us. They got to our starter early and never let up.

Overall, it was a tough loss for the team, but we will regroup and come back stronger for the next game. I am confident that we will come back strong and put in a better performance in the next game.

One of the highlights of the game was the performance of Aruba Gold player Á. Rodríguez. He went 3-for-4 with 2 stolen bases and an RBI, and he was all over the field making plays. He was definitely the player of the game for the Gold.

August 10th, 2053

Today was another one of those games where you just can't predict what's going to happen. After yesterday's 11 inning battle, we had another extra inning game today, this time going 12 innings. It was a real test of our stamina and determination, but we came out on top in the end, with a walk-off win in the bottom of the 12th.

My role in the game was a bit limited, as I came in as a pinch-hitter in the 7th inning. I didn't have much success at the plate, going 0-1, but I did put the ball in play and I was happy to contribute in any way that I could.

One of the biggest highlights of the game was our starting pitcher, F. Bin Wajih. He had an amazing performance, allowing only 3 hits and striking out 7 batters in his 5 innings of work. Even more impressive is that he gave up no runs, which is always a huge boost for the team. It's no surprise that he's having an amazing season so far and I'm glad to have him on our team.

My teammates also had a great game, with Ángelo Contreras leading off the bottom of the 12th with a double, and Bruce Yelland hitting another double shortly after, scoring Angelo and giving us the win. It was a great moment for the team and we all ran onto the field to celebrate. It's moments like these that make all the hard work and long hours worth it.

Overall, it was a great game and a great win for our team. I'm looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings.

Return to “Madison Wolves”