2053.19 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 9

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2053.19 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 9

Post by CTBrewCrew » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:07 pm

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 20 year old shortstop for the Saint John Water Wolves, a Minor League Baseball team in the Caribbean. I was recently drafted by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the Water Wolves for the past few weeks. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

July 29th, 2053

Today was a great day for the team as we secured another win against the All Saints Blue Claws. Even though we are on a 4 game winning streak, we are only holding on to a 1 game lead over the second place Cayman Islanders. With only a few games left in the season, every win counts and today was no exception.

As for my personal performance, I had a great game at the plate. I was able to hit a double in the first inning and later hit a triple in the second. I also played well defensively, making some key plays to help secure the win.

Our offense as a team was on fire today, racking up 16 hits and 8 runs. Álvaro Contreras had a great game, going 4-5 with 2 RBIs. Ben Yelland also had a big game, hitting a home run in the 7th and driving in 4 runs.

On the pitching side, our starter did a great job of keeping the Blue Claws at bay, only giving up 6 runs and 10 hits over 9 innings. Our bullpen also did a great job of closing the game out, not allowing a single run.

Overall, it was a great team win and we are looking forward to continuing our winning streak and securing a spot in the playoffs.

July 30th, 2053

July 30th was a tough game for the Saint Johns Water Wolves, as we were shut out by the George Town Palms with a final score of 2-0. Despite the loss, our defense was strong, with a solid performance by pitcher M. Acevedo, who allowed only one run in 6 innings, and a double play by our shortstop J. Maggard.

Offensively, we had a hard time getting things going against the Palms' pitcher F. Rodríguez, who kept us scoreless through 9 innings. We had 6 hits, but were unable to capitalize on them, leaving runners stranded on base. Catcher R. Carson and second baseman Á. Contreras both had 2 hits each, but it wasn't enough to push any runs across the plate.

One of our standout players, outfielder B. Hanson, had a hit but was unable to drive in any runs. He's been a real force in the lineup, leading the team in home runs with 11 and batting average with .339.

Despite the loss, our team is still in good position in the standings, currently holding a 1 game lead over the second place Cayman Islanders. This was just a minor setback, and we will be looking to bounce back in the next game and continue our push towards the playoffs.

Additionally, other players such as B. Yelland (3B) and Á. Contreras (DH) are also having a great season. B. Yelland with 4 HR and 25 RBI, and Á. Contreras with 4 HR and 39 RBI, both have been playing a huge role in team's success.

Overall, it was a tough loss, but we're confident that we can put this game behind us and come back stronger in the next one. The season is still young and there's a lot of baseball left to be played. As a team we will continue to work hard and improve every day, and we're looking forward to the opportunity to get back on the field and get back in the win column.

August 1st 2053

Today was a great day for the Saint Johns Water Wolves as we took on the George Town Palms in front of a crowd of 11,866 at our home stadium. It was an electric atmosphere and it was exciting to be able to play in front of such a large and passionate crowd.

As for the game itself, it was a bit of a rollercoaster ride. The Palms were able to put up a run in the 2nd inning, but we were able to respond with a 5 run inning of our own in the bottom of the 2nd. We were able to add another run in the 3rd and then 2 more in the 4th to take a commanding 8-1 lead. The Palms made a bit of a comeback, putting up 5 runs in the 5th inning, but that was as close as they would get as we were able to hold on for the 10-6 victory.

Personally, I had a pretty good day at the plate, going 2 for 5 with 3 RBIs and a run scored. My teammates also had a great day, with Ángel Contreras continuing his hot streak, going 2 for 4 with 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored. Brian Zimmerman also had a solid day, going 1 for 4 with a RBI and a run scored.

One of the biggest contributors to the win was our pitcher, Aaron Pollack, who despite giving up 6 runs, was able to keep the Palms from making a comeback and secure the victory for us.

It's great to be able to come away with the win, especially in front of such a large crowd, and it was a great team effort all around. The division race is still tight, but we are determined to hold on to the lead and come out on top. We have another home game tomorrow, and we will be looking to continue this winning streak and solidify our position at the top of the division.

August 5th, 2053

It was great to be back on the field with my team again after missing a few games. Despite the frustrating feeling of not being able to contribute on the field, I was excited to get back in the game and help my team fight for the division lead. The team went 1-2 in those three games, but I was determined to make a difference in this game.

The game was intense from the start, with both teams putting up a strong defensive effort. Our pitching performance was outstanding, with starter A. Pollack throwing 6 innings, giving up only 2 runs on 4 hits, while striking out 4. The bullpen also did an impressive job, with J. Gonzales, B. Hopper, and M. Davis combining for 3 innings, giving up only 3 hits and striking out 3.

Offensively, we had a strong performance as well, with 12 hits and 4 runs. Myself, I went 2-5, but unfortunately couldn't bring any runs in. But guys like B. Zimmerman and M. Huggins had great games, with Zimmerman hitting 2 triples and Huggins hitting a homerun and driving in 2 runs.

Our opponents, La Paz Toppers also had a strong performance, with 10 hits and 5 runs, but in the end, we were able to secure the win and keep our division lead. It was a great feeling to contribute to the team's win and help us maintain our division lead. The crowd of over 6,000 also made it an exciting and electric atmosphere to play in. Now, we're looking forward to the next game and continuing to fight for the division title.

Return to “Madison Wolves”