2053.18 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 8

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2053.18 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 8

Post by CTBrewCrew » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:19 pm

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 20 year old shortstop for the Saint John Water Wolves, a Minor League Baseball team in the Caribbean. I was recently drafted by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the Water Wolves for the past few weeks. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

July 21st, 2053

Today was quite the game. We were playing against the St. Kitts Selects and it was a tough match-up. The game was tied 1-1 until the 5th inning when they managed to score 2 runs and that's when things got interesting. We kept fighting, trying to make a comeback but it wasn't until the 15th inning when we finally won with a final score of 5-4.

Personally, it wasn't my best game, I came in as a pinch hitter in the 12th inning but couldn't manage to get a hit. But my teammates really stepped up and made it happen. Bastable made a great catch in the outfield and Banciu had a couple of nice steals.

Contreras had a great game as well, he had a double and a triple, and Zimmerman got hit by a pitch. It was truly a team effort and it felt great to come out on top. We're now 29-16 and I'm looking forward to the next game.

July 22nd, 2053

Today's game was a nail-biter. We were playing against the St. Kitts Selects and it was a close match. We managed to score 3 runs in the first inning with a double from Taylor, bringing in all three runs. We added another run in the second, thanks to a double from Yelland, putting us up 4-0.

The Selects fought back and scored one in the second and two in the fourth, which made for a tight game, but our defense held strong and we kept the lead. Carson had a couple of great hits, one of which was a double in the fifth inning, it was great to see him swing the bat well.

Personally, I didn't have the best game, I didn't manage to get a hit, but I made a couple of great plays in the field. My teammates really stepped up and made it happen. Hanson had a great catch in the outfield, and Yelland had a couple of steals.

It was a tough game, but we managed to come out on top with a final score of 4-3. We're now 30-16 and it feels great to have another win under our belt. It was great to be able to help the team even though I didn't get a hit. I'm looking forward to the next game.

July 23rd, 2053

Today was an exciting game against the Antigua Tikis. We had a bit of a slow start, with the Tikis scoring one run in the second inning and another in the fourth, but we managed to come back strong in the fifth.

It all started with a single from Moon, then Carson hit a double to bring Moon in and tie the game. Brashear followed with a double of his own, bringing Carson in and giving us the lead. I was up next and managed to hit a triple, bringing in Brashear and giving us a two-run lead. Contreras had a run-scoring hit and Zimmerman had a hit, which helped to increase our lead. We ended the inning with a score of 5-2, which proved to be the final score.

I was really happy with my performance today. I managed to get 3 hits, 2 runs, and 3 RBI's, and it felt great to contribute to the team's win. The team as a whole played well today, Moon, Contreras, and Carson each had a run-scoring hit. Our defense was solid, Brashear and Zimmerman played great in the infield, and bin Muntasir made a couple of nice catches in the outfield.

It was a great team effort, and it feels great to be on a winning streak. We're now 31-16 and it's a great feeling to have that many wins under our belt. I'm looking forward to the next game and hope to keep this streak going.

July 25th, 2053

I couldn't be more proud of my team as we continue our winning streak on July 25th, with a 5-1 victory over the Antigua Tikis. Despite being on a 5 game winning streak, we are only holding on to a slim 1 game lead over the second place Cayman Islanders, so every win is crucial for us at this point in the season.

In this game, our offense was firing on all cylinders, racking up 11 hits and 5 runs. Our team captain and third baseman, B. Moon, started us off strong with a double in the first inning, setting the tone for the rest of the game. Our first baseman, B. Zimmerman, also contributed with a double of his own in the first inning, driving in the first run of the game.

Our right-fielder, B. Hanson, hit a massive 2-run home run in the first inning, giving us an early lead that we never relinquished. Our second-baseman, N. Banciu, also added a solo home run in the sixth inning, providing some insurance runs for us.

On the defensive side, our pitcher for the game, D. Wahid, had a solid outing, only allowing 1 run on 3 hits in 9 innings of work. Our defense played a key role in the win, turning two double plays during the game.

Personally, I had a quiet day at the plate, going hitless in 3 at-bats, but I am happy to contribute in any way I can to help the team win. Our team's ability to come together and produce runs and play solid defense is what has been driving our success on this winning streak.

The team is looking forward to continuing our winning ways and solidifying our lead in the standings. With our strong play on both sides of the ball, I have no doubt that we have what it takes to make a deep run in the playoffs this season.

Return to “Madison Wolves”