2053.16 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 6

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2053.16 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 6

Post by CTBrewCrew » Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:47 pm

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 20 year old shortstop for the Saint John Water Wolves, a Minor League Baseball team in the Caribbean. I was recently drafted by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the Water Wolves for the past few weeks. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

July 7th, 2053

Today was a great day for the Saint Johns Water Wolves. We faced off against the Bogota Scholars and came out on top with a score of 13-0. I was leading off for the team and had a decent outing, going 1-3 with an RBI and a run scored.

Some other standout performances for the Water Wolves include B. Yelland, who went 3-4 with 4 RBIs and a home run. B. Bastable also had a great game, going 3-5 with 3 RBIs and a home run. R. Carson had a big day at the plate as well, going 2-4 with 2 RBIs and a home run.

On the mound, our starter F. bin Wajih had a strong outing, pitching 7 shutout innings and striking out 8 batters. The rest of the bullpen also did a great job in closing out the game.

Overall, it was a great team effort and I'm proud of the way we played. We'll need to continue this momentum as we have another game against the Scholars tomorrow. In the field, I had a solid day at shortstop, making all the routine plays and recording one assist.

It was also great to see some of the other guys on the team step up and have strong performances. It's always good to see everyone contributing and helping the team get the win. We'll need to continue to play well as a unit if we want to make a run in the playoffs. Overall, it was a great day for the Water Wolves and I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the season has in store for us.

July 8th, 2053

It was another great game for the Water Wolves yesterday, as we extended our winning streak to four games with a 12-1 victory over the Coxen Hole Schooners. I didn't get to play in this one, but it was still exciting to watch my teammates perform so well.

B. Yelland had another solid outing at second base, going 2-for-6 with a double and a run scored. B. Bastable also had a good day at the plate, going 1-for-5 with a run scored and a walk. B. Zimmerman had a great game as well, going 3-for-5 with three runs scored and a walk.

Á. Contreras had a fantastic game as the designated hitter, going 3-for-5 with two doubles, four RBIs, and two runs scored. B. Hanson had a strong outing in right field, going 1-for-2 with a walk, a run scored, and an RBI. C. Brashear had a big day at the plate as well, going 2-for-4 with three RBIs and a run scored.

B. Garrett had a solid game at shortstop, going 2-for-4 with two RBIs and a run scored. D. Lewis had a good game behind the plate, going 1-for-5 with an RBI and a run scored. T. Yamasaki rounded out the offense with a 2-for-4 performance and a run scored.

Overall, it was a great team effort and we're now 24-11 on the season. We'll be looking to keep the momentum going in our next game.

July 9th 2053

Today's game was a tough one. We ended up falling to the Coxen Hole Schooners 6-4. It was a close game, but they were able to come out on top.

I didn't get to play today, but I was still able to contribute by supporting my teammates from the bench. I spent a lot of time talking with Brian Hanson, our right fielder, during the game. He had a good day at the plate, going 3 for 4 with a single, double, and triple.

Brian is a great guy and we always have a lot to talk about. He's a big fan of rock climbing and spends a lot of his free time on the climbing wall at the gym. It's always interesting to hear about his adventures and the different routes he's tackled.

As a team, we have to find a way to bounce back from this loss and come out strong in our next game. We've been on a bit of a winning streak lately, so it's important for us to keep that momentum going. I know we have the talent and drive to do it, we just have to execute on the field.

I'm looking forward to getting back out there and helping my team get back in the win column.

July 10th, 2053

As a pinch hitter, I don't get a lot of opportunities to get into the game. So when my name was called in the 5th inning today, I was determined to make the most of it. Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned and I struck out looking.

It's frustrating to be on a two game losing streak, especially when we know we're capable of playing better. It's not easy to stay positive when things aren't going our way, but we have to keep fighting and try to turn things around.

One thing that's helping me stay focused and stay in a good mindset is my conversations with Brian Hanson on the bench. He's always up for a good chat and today we talked a lot about rock climbing. Brian is really into it and he's been trying to get me to join him on a climb.

I have to admit, I'm a little intimidated by the idea. I'm not exactly the most coordinated person and the thought of hanging off a cliff with just a rope and some gear is a bit daunting. But Brian is so passionate about it and he's convinced me to give it a try. He even told me a funny story about the first time he tried rock climbing. Apparently, he got stuck halfway up the wall and had to be rescued by one of the instructors. I couldn't stop laughing when he told me that. It was a welcome distraction from the game and it helped me stay positive.

In addition to our offensive struggles, we also had some defensive issues today. We made four errors and only one of the five runs that the Schooners scored was earned. It's frustrating to see those mistakes happening, but we know we can bounce back and play better. We just have to keep working hard and try to get back on track.

Until next time...

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 2053.16 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 6

Post by Jwalk100 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:08 pm

rock-climbing-memes-4.jpg
ImageImageImageImageImage

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: 2053.16 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 6

Post by CTBrewCrew » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:28 pm

Lol