2053.15 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 5

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2053.15 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 5

Post by CTBrewCrew » Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:51 pm

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 20 year old shortstop for the Saint John Water Wolves, a Minor League Baseball team in the Caribbean. I was recently drafted by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the Water Wolves for the past few weeks. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

June 30th, 2053

Today was a tough day for me, as I had to sit out of our game against the Daytona Beach Cruisers. It's always difficult to watch from the bench, especially when you want to be out there helping your team. But I knew that I had to trust in my teammates and support them in any way I could.

Despite not having me in the lineup, the Water Wolves were able to pull out a close 3-2 victory. It was a tense game, with both teams trading blows throughout the nine innings. The Cruisers took an early lead with a run in the second and another in the fourth, but we were able to respond with a run in the bottom of the fourth. The game remained tied until the seventh, when we were able to break through with a run to take the lead. The Cruisers had a chance to tie it up in the top of the ninth, but our pitchers were able to hold them off and secure the win.

There were a lot of standout performances from my teammates today. Moon had a great game at the plate, going 2-4 with a couple of hits and a stolen base. Zimmerman also had a big day, going 2-4 with a double and an RBI. Beasley had a strong outing on the mound, tossing eight solid innings and allowing just two runs on seven hits. The bullpen also did a great job, with Garcia coming in to pitch a scoreless ninth and earn the save.

Overall, it was a great team win and a good reminder of the depth we have on this squad. Even without me in the lineup, we were able to come out on top against a tough opponent. I'm proud of my teammates and can't wait to get back on the field with them.

July 1st, 2053

Today was a great day for me and the Water Wolves. I was back in the leadoff spot and ready to help lead the team to victory. And that's exactly what we did, beating the Daytona Beach Cruisers 2-0 in a tightly contested game.

I was a little bit nervous to start the game, as I hadn't played in a couple of days and wanted to make sure I was ready to go. But as soon as I stepped up to the plate for my first at-bat, all those nerves disappeared. I was able to make good contact and put the ball in play, which set the tone for the rest of the game.

The Cruisers were a tough opponent, as they always are, but our pitchers did an amazing job of keeping them in check. Bin Wajih got the start and tossed six shutout innings, allowing just three hits and striking out six. The bullpen came in and finished off the game, with Garcia and Groom combining to pitch three scoreless innings and secure the win.

Offensively, we had a balanced attack with contributions from all over the lineup. Moon had a great game at the plate, going 2-4 with a couple of hits and a stolen base. Zimmerman also had a big day, going 1-3 with a double and an RBI. And our defense was solid, with no errors committed and several key plays made in the field.

Overall, it was a great team win and a great way to start the month of July. We're now 19-9 on the season and looking to keep the momentum going. I'm excited to see what the rest of the season has in store for us.

July 2nd, 2053

Today was a big day for the Saint Johns Water Wolves as they faced off against the Caracas Sting at home. It was a bittersweet day for me as I was able to cheer on my teammates from the bench, but at the same time, it was tough not being out on the field with them. Despite not playing, I was still able to contribute by offering words of encouragement and support to my teammates and helping to keep everyone focused and motivated.

It was great to see the team come out strong and take an early lead with a two-run second inning. From there, we never looked back as our pitchers, led by starter Frank bin Wajih, completely shut down the Sting's offense. Frank had an impressive outing, going seven scoreless innings while allowing just one hit and striking out nine batters.

Offensively, we had a balanced attack with multiple players contributing. B. Moon and B. Zimmerman both had strong performances at the plate, each recording three hits and driving in a run. T. Yamasaki also had a big day, hitting a solo home run in the seventh inning to extend our lead. In total, we had 15 hits as a team and were able to put together some timely hitting to secure the 5-0 win.

It was especially exciting to get the win in front of our home crowd. It's always great to have the support of our fans and it's even better when we can give them a win to cheer about. This victory was especially sweet as it was our fourth win in a row and put us back in first place in the league.

Overall, it was a great team effort and I'm proud of my teammates for their hard work and dedication. We have a long season ahead of us and I'm confident that if we continue to play with this level of intensity and focus, we will have a successful season and reach the playoffs.

July 3rd, 2053

As the shortstop and leadoff hitter for the Saint Johns Water Wolves, it's always exciting to take the field and represent my team. Today's game against the Caracas Sting was no different. It was a bit of a change of scenery, as we were playing in Caracas, but our team was ready to battle.

I led off the game and was able to get on base with a single. The rest of the team followed suit, as we were able to score four runs in the third inning. I was happy to contribute, but it was great to see the rest of the team step up and put some runs on the board.

Our pitchers also had a strong outing today. They kept the Sting's offense in check, allowing only one hit through the first five innings. It was a true team effort on the field, and it paid off with a 5-0 lead.

Unfortunately, the Sting made a comeback in the later innings, scoring two runs in the eighth and one in the ninth. Despite their efforts, we were able to hold on for the 5-3 win. It was a tough game, but our team never gave up and we were able to come out on top.

It's always a great feeling to get a win, especially on the road. We'll be back at it tomorrow, looking to keep the momentum going and build on our 21-9 record. Go Wolves!

July 4th, 2053

Today was a tough game for the Water Wolves. We were facing a tough Caracas team and unfortunately, we couldn't get the win.

I wasn't in the lineup today, as I was given a scheduled day off for rest. It was tough watching from the bench as we fell behind early and couldn't quite catch up.

Our offense struggled for most of the game, only managing to score 6 runs on 6 hits. We had some opportunities with runners in scoring position, but we just couldn't come up with the big hit when we needed it.

Defensively, we made a couple of errors that ended up costing us. It's always tough to give extra outs to the other team, and it's especially frustrating when those mistakes end up leading to runs.

Despite the loss, there were a few bright spots. B. Hanson hit another home run, his ninth of the season, and A. Taylor came off the bench to hit a big three-run homer in the ninth inning to give us a little bit of hope.

Overall, it was a frustrating game, but we have to put it behind us and focus on the next one. We have one more game in this series against Caracas and then we'll head off to face Bogata. We need to regroup and come out strong in the next game if we want to keep our winning ways rolling.

July 5th, 2053

It was a tough loss for the Water Wolves today as they faced off against the Bogota Scholars. Despite putting up 12 hits, we just couldn't seem to get the runs across the plate, ending the game with a final score of 3-5.

Bruce Yelland started at shortstop in my place and had a solid day at the plate, going 1-for-5 with a double and a run scored. Brandon Moon also had a strong outing, going 2-for-4 with a couple of singles. Brandon Hanson had a standout performance as well, finishing 4-for-5 with a double and an RBI.

On the mound, we had a bit of a rough outing. Starter Tyler Nishiyama only made it through 3.2 innings, giving up 3 runs on 6 hits and a couple of walks. Reliever Kody Kershaw fared a bit better, tossing 2.1 scoreless innings and striking out 3. However, we couldn't hold on to the lead in the late innings and ended up taking the loss.

Despite the disappointment of the loss, we can't dwell on it too long. We've got three more games in this series against Bogota and need to focus on making adjustments and coming out strong in the next matchup. We've got a talented group of guys and I have no doubt we'll bounce back and get back to our winning ways.

July 6th 2053

As I sit here and write in my journal, I can't help but feel a bit frustrated. It's the first game in a four game series and I'm not even in the lineup. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for my teammates and the win, but it's tough to watch from the bench. I know my time will come and I just have to stay ready and continue to work with the coaches on my hitting and fielding.

The game itself was a tight one, with both teams playing strong defense. Beasley was on fire today, pitching six innings and allowing no runs. It was a great outing for him and he really deserved the win. The offense was a bit slow to get going, but we finally broke through in the sixth with a run from Banciu and another in the seventh from Brashear. The Bogota Scholars managed to score one in the eighth, but it wasn't enough to come back. The home crowd was electric today, cheering us on and helping us secure the 2-1 victory.

Overall, it was a solid team effort and I'm proud of my guys for getting the win. It's tough not being able to contribute on the field, but I'll just have to keep working and wait for my chance.

Supplemental entry:

Today marks my 18th game of the season and overall, I have to say I'm feeling pretty good about my performance so far. My batting average is sitting at .286 and I've contributed 3 RBIs to the team. While those numbers may not jump off the page, I think they're solid considering it's still early in the season and I've only played in 18 games.

One area where I feel like I've really excelled is on defense. In 14 games at shortstop, I've only made 1 error and my fielding percentage is at a solid .981. I take a lot of pride in my defense, and I've been putting in extra work before and after practices to make sure I'm consistently making the routine plays and also trying to make some highlight-reel worthy plays as well.

At the plate, I feel like I've had some good moments and some not so good ones. There have been a few games where I've struggled to get my bat on the ball, and it's been frustrating. But I'm trying to stay positive and focus on making adjustments game by game. I've been working with our hitting coach on some small tweaks to my swing and I'm confident that the hits will start to fall more consistently as the season goes on.

One thing that has been a bit of a challenge for me is coming off the bench and entering the game as a pinch hitter or late-inning substitution. It's a role that I'm still trying to get used to and it can be tough to get into a rhythm when you're not starting the game. But I understand that it's all part of being a team player and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win.

Overall, I feel like I'm making progress and improving each game. There's still a lot of seasons left to go, and I'm determined to continue working hard and making the most of my opportunities. I know I still have areas where I can improve, but I'm confident that with some hard work and a positive attitude, I'll be able to contribute even more to the team's success.

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 2053.15 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 5

Post by Dington » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:37 pm

Great idea. Love it!
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”