2053.14 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 4

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2053.14 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 4

Post by CTBrewCrew » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:08 pm

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 20 year old shortstop for the Saint John Water Wolves, a Minor League Baseball team in the Caribbean. I was recently drafted by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the Water Wolves for the past few weeks. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

June 23rd, 2053

Another tough loss for us tonight against the Cayman Islanders. Their bats were hot and we just couldn't seem to get anything going offensively. I had one hit in my one at-bat, but it wasn't enough to help us come away with the win. Defensively, we made a couple of errors that ended up costing us. It's frustrating, but we just have to shake it off and focus on the next game.

Hector Escobedo had a great game for the Islanders, going 3-for-4 at the plate with four home runs. Their pitcher, Marco Lolololo, also had a strong outing, striking out five of our guys. We'll regroup and come back stronger tomorrow.

June 24th, 2053

Today was a tough game against the Cayman Islanders. Our offense just couldn't get going, and we ended up losing 0-2. I had a decent outing at the plate, going 2 for 4 with a triple and an RBI. It was a frustrating game, but we'll just have to come back stronger tomorrow. On the bright side, our pitching was excellent, with our starter Victor Elliott throwing seven shutout innings and striking out seven batters.

The defense also made some great plays, especially in the ninth inning when we turned a double play to get us out of a jam. The loss sucked, and we are starting to lose our lead in the division.

June 26th, 2053 (Game 1)

Today was a tough loss for the Water Wolves. We just couldn't seem to get anything going offensively and ended up falling to the Paraiso Sea Dogs 3-2. As for my own performance, I didn't get to see much playing time today. I only had one at-bat as a pinch hitter in the ninth inning, but I was able to contribute with a single.

It's always frustrating to be on the bench for most of the game, but I just have to stay ready and make the most of my opportunities when they come. I know we have a lot of talent on this team and we'll bounce back from this loss. We just have to regroup and focus on the next game.

June 26th, 2053 (Game 2)

game two of a doubleheader against the Paraiso Sea Dogs. I didn't have the best game at the plate, going 0-4 and not being able to get on base. Despite that, the team was able to come away with the win, 7-5. Our starting pitcher, Ed Blevins, unfortunately got injured while pitching in the third inning. He had to leave the game and it was a bit of a blow to the team. But our bullpen was able to step up and hold the Sea Dogs scoreless for the remainder of the game. Bryan Hanson had a great day at the plate, going 2-2 with a pair of home runs and 6 RBIs. He's been on fire lately and it's been great to see him contribute to the team's success.

Ángel Contreras also had a good game, going 2-4 with a double and an RBI. We were able to take the lead in the top of the sixth inning after Hanson's first home run of the day, and we held on to it for the rest of the game. In the bottom of the ninth, Hanson hit his second home run of the day, a three-run shot that put the game out of reach for the Sea Dogs. Overall, it wasn't the cleanest game for us. We had a few errors on defense and some base running mistakes, but we were able to overcome those mistakes and come away with the win. Now, with a 16-8 record, we'll look to keep this momentum going as we head into the rest of the season.

June 27th, 2053

Today was definitely not the best game for the Water Wolves. We got off to a rough start, giving up 3 runs in the first inning. It seemed like things were just going to continue to go downhill from there, but we managed to score 3 runs of our own in the third to try and get back into the game.
Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be. The Sea Dogs added 5 more runs in the second and then 2 in the fourth to really put us in a hole. We tried to fight back and scored 4 runs in the fifth, but it wasn't enough. They added 2 more in the seventh and the game ended with a final score of 13-7 in favor of the Sea Dogs. Personally, I had a decent day at the plate, going 2-5 with a couple of singles. Will Moore had a great game, going 3-4 with 2 RBIs. And Brandon Hanson continued to swing a hot bat, going 2-3 with a pair of singles. But as a team, we just couldn't get things going offensively.

Defensively, it was a bit of a rough day as well. We had a couple of errors and didn't play our usual sharp defense. Overall, it was just one of those games where things didn't go our way. We'll have to regroup and come back stronger tomorrow. Hopefully we can get a win to close out this series against the Sea Dogs.

June 29th, 2053
It was another tough loss for us today against the Daytona Beach Cruisers. I didn't get to play in this game, but it was still hard to watch from the bench. The Cruisers are a really strong team, and they showed it today by shutting us down for most of the game. Our starter, Alex Pollack, had a rough outing. He gave up a solo home run in the first inning, and then struggled to get through the rest of the game. He ended up giving up two runs on nine hits and four walks in six innings. It wasn't his best performance, but he still managed to keep us in the game. Offensively, we had a tough time getting things going. We only managed to score three runs on eight hits.

B. Yelland had a good game, going 2-for-4 with a run scored and an RBI. W. Moore also had a good game, going 2-for-4 with an RBI. B. Hanson had a rough day at the plate, going 0-for-4 with two strikeouts. The final score was 2-3 in favor of the Cruisers. It's frustrating to lose, but we have to keep our heads up and focus on the next game. We have a tough stretch of games coming up, but I know we can turn things around if we stay focused and play our best.

Today marks the end of the month and we have a game tonight against Daytona. It's time to take a look at the standings in the division. It's been a tough month for us with a lot of close games, but it looks like our hard work is paying off as we sit tied for second place with the Philipsburg Saints, just half a game behind the Cayman Islanders. We've had some great performances from guys like Álvaro Contreras and Brady Hanson, who have been hitting the ball really well and driving in runs for us. And our pitchers, despite some bumps in the road, have done a great job of keeping us in games and giving us a chance to win. Looking ahead, we have a lot of important games coming up against the top teams in the division. It's going to be a fight to the finish and every game is going to matter. But I have faith in this team and I know we have what it takes to make a run at the top spot. We just have to stay focused and keep playing our best baseball. If we do that, I'm confident we'll be able to achieve our goals and make it to the playoffs.

Until next time,
John

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 2053.14 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 4

Post by Jwalk100 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:46 pm

Maggard is playing well and he had a bump in contact in January.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”