2053.12 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 3

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2053.12 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 3

Post by CTBrewCrew » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:22 pm

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 20 year old shortstop for the Saint John Water Wolves, a Minor League Baseball team in the Caribbean. I was recently drafted by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the Water Wolves for the past few weeks. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

June 17th 2053

Today was a tough loss for the Saint Johns Water Wolves, as we fell to the La Paz Toppers 0-1. I only got one at-bat, but I was determined to make the most of it. Unfortunately, I couldn't get on base, but I'll just have to come back stronger tomorrow.

After the game, I spent some extra time in the cage with Coach Gerardo Costello working on my swing. He's been a great mentor for me this season, and I'm really grateful for all the guidance he's given me.

In the evening, I caught up with some of the guys on the team and we talked about the game. It's a tight-knit group, and we all want to see each other succeed. I'm really lucky to be a part of this team.

Overall, it was a rough day for the Water Wolves, but we'll bounce back and come out even stronger tomorrow.

June 18th 2053

Today was a much better day for the Saint Johns Water Wolves, as we came away with a 6-4 win against the La Paz Toppers. I had a good game at the plate, going 2-for-3 with a walk. I'm feeling really confident at the plate right now, and it's showing in my performance.

After the game, I spent some more time in the cage with Coach Costello, working on my mechanics. I'm really grateful to have him as my coach, and I'm learning so much from him every day.

In the evening, I hung out with some of the guys on the team and we talked about the game. It's always fun to celebrate a win, and we're all feeling good about how we're playing right now.

Overall, it was a great day for the Water Wolves, and we're looking forward to continuing our winning ways tomorrow.

June 20th 2053

Today was a great day for the Saint Johns Water Wolves, as we came away with a 3-1 win against the Aruba Gold. I had a quiet game at the plate, going 0-for-3 with two walks, but I'm feeling really good about my approach and I'm confident that the hits will come.

After the game, I spent some extra time on the field working on my fielding with Coach Costello. I'm really focusing on improving my defense this season, and I think it's starting to pay off.

In the evening, I hung out with some of the guys on the team and we talked about the game. It's always nice to get a win, and we're all feeling good about how we're playing right now.

Overall, it was a great day for the Water Wolves, and we're looking forward to continuing our winning ways in the coming days.

As the season goes on, I have to say that I feel like the best player on the team is Thomas Bascombe. He's been having an incredible season at the plate, and he's also been a key part of our defense. I know there are rumors circulating around the clubhouse that someone might be getting called up to the Boulder Crush soon, and I hope it's Thomas. He deserves it.

Return to “Madison Wolves”