2053.11 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 2

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2053.11 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 2

Post by CTBrewCrew » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:12 am

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 20 year old shortstop for the Saint John Water Wolves, a Minor League Baseball team in the Caribbean. I was recently drafted by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the Water Wolves for the past few weeks. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

June 8th, 2053

Today was a much-needed day off. I spent the morning exploring the island and checking out some of the local beaches. The water was crystal clear and the sand was so soft. It was a great way to relax and recharge after a busy week of baseball. That's where I got to really talk to Benjamin Zimmerman.

In the afternoon, a few of us went out to dinner at a seafood restaurant on the beach. The food was amazing and it was so nice to sit back and enjoy the scenery. I feel like I'm starting to get a good feel for the island and I'm really enjoying my time here.

June 9th, 2053

We had another home game today against the Anaheim Surfers, and we came away with a 5-1 victory. Andrew Pollack had a great outing on the mound, and the offense was able to come through with some timely hits.

I had a decent game at the plate, going 1-for-4 with a single. It wasn't my best day, but I'm just trying to focus on putting together good at-bats and helping the team win.

After the game, we had a team dinner at a local restaurant. It was nice to sit down and have a good meal together. The guys on this team have become like a family to me, and I'm grateful to be able to share this experience with them.

June 10th, 2053

We had an away game against the Cayman Islanders today, and it was a tough one. We ended up losing 3-4 in extra innings. It was a close game throughout, and we just couldn't quite get over the hump.

I had a rough day at the plate, going 0-for-4 with two strikeouts. It's frustrating to not come through in clutch situations, but I know I just have to keep working hard and stay positive.

After the game, we had a team meeting to go over some things and refocus. I think we have the talent and the drive to turn things around, and I'm confident that we'll bounce back.

June 11, 2053

We had another tough loss today, falling to the Daytona Beach Cruisers 6-2. I had a rough day at the plate, going 0-for-4 with two strikeouts. It's frustrating to have days like this, but I know I just have to keep working hard and try to bounce back.

After the game, a few of us went out to grab a bite to eat together. It was nice to relax and unwind after a tough loss. We talked about what we need to work on and how we can improve for the next game.

June 12, 2053

We were able to get back on track today with a 7-3 win over the Key West Beachbums. I had a much better day at the plate, going 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI. It was great to contribute to the team's victory and help us get back in the win column.

After the game, a few of us went out to celebrate the win. It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad to have made some new friends on the team.

June 13, 2053

Today was a much needed day off. I slept in, went for a run on the beach, and just relaxed in my room for most of the day. It was great to have a chance to recharge my batteries and get ready for the final stretch of the season.

In the evening, a few of us went out to a local restaurant for dinner. It was a great meal, and I'm glad to have had the chance to spend some time with my teammates away from the field.

June 14, 2053

We had another tough loss today, falling to the Coxen Hole Schooners 5-3. I had a couple of hits and an RBI, but it wasn't enough to get us the win. It's frustrating to have back-to-back losses, but I know we just have to keep working hard and try to get back on track.

After the game, we had a team meeting to talk about what we need to do to improve. It was a productive meeting. The coach said "Alright guys, let's talk about what we need to improve on. First of all, our defense has been slipping a bit lately. I want to see everyone working on their footwork and positioning during practice this week. We can't afford to have any costly errors on the field. Offensively, we need to do a better job of getting on base and putting pressure on the opposing team. I want to see more patient at-bats and better pitch selection. Let's make the other team's pitchers work and see if we can draw some walks. Lastly, we need to focus on our mental toughness. We can't let a couple of losses get us down. We have to keep a positive attitude and stay focused on our goals. Let's use this as an opportunity to regroup and come back even stronger. That's all for now, let's get to work."

June 15th, 2053

Today was a much needed off day for the team. I had an off day and decided to spend it with my teammate and good friend, Benjamin Zimmerman. Benjamin is a 21 year old first baseman and is one of the most talented players on the team. We had heard about a great beach nearby, so we decided to check it out.

We spent the day lounging on the sand, playing frisbee, and swimming in the crystal clear water. It was a welcome break from the intense schedule of games and practices. We also tried some local food at a small beachside restaurant, and it was delicious.

It was great to just relax and have some fun with Benjamin. We've become really good friends since joining the team, and it's nice to have someone to hang out with and talk to when things get tough on the field. I'm grateful to have him as a teammate and a friend.

After lunch, I went back to my dorm and took a nap. It's been a busy few weeks and I'm still trying to get used to the schedule. I'm looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow and continuing to improve on the field.

Other Notes:
It's been an exciting few weeks for the Saint John Water Wolves, and I'm thrilled to see us in first place after 13 games. It's been a team effort to get to this point, and I'm proud of the way we've been able to come together and play some great baseball.

We've had some tough opponents in the Little Islands subleague, but we've been able to come out on top in a lot of close games. It's been a real test of our mental toughness and our ability to execute in pressure situations.

I think one of the keys to our success so far has been our strong team chemistry. We have a great group of guys on this team, and we really enjoy spending time together both on and off the field. Whether it's hanging out at the dorms, going out to eat, or just relaxing and playing video games, we always have a good time together.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the season has in store for us. If we can continue to play with the same intensity and focus that we have so far, I'm confident that we can make a strong push for the playoffs.

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 2053.11 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 2

Post by Jwalk100 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:50 am

fat-mlb-players2.jpg

These guys hit too many restaurants.
ImageImageImageImageImage

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: 2053.11 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 2

Post by CTBrewCrew » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:44 pm

Jwalk100 wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:50 am
fat-mlb-players2.jpg

These guys hit too many restaurants.
...all you can eat buffet on the island!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”