2053.10 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 1

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2053.10 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 1

Post by CTBrewCrew » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:57 pm

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 20 year old shortstop for the Saint John Water Wolves, a Minor League Baseball team in the Caribbean. I was recently drafted by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the Water Wolves for the past few weeks. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

June 2, 2053

Today was my first game with the Saint John Water Wolves and it didn't go as well as I had hoped. We lost 0-2 to the St. Kitts Selects and I only had one hit in five at-bats. I'm trying not to get too discouraged, but it's tough. This is my first time being away from home and it's a lot to adjust to. I'm sharing a dorm with a few other guys on the team, including Bryan Griffin and Alec Eteldrum. They seem nice enough, but it's hard to get to know them when we're all so focused on the games.

June 3, 2053

We were able to bounce back today and get a win against the St. Kitts Selects, 4-3. I didn't get any hits, but I made a couple of good plays at shortstop. After the game, a few of us went out to dinner together. It was nice to hang out and get to know each other a little better. I found out that Bryan is from Colorado and Alec is from Canada. They both seem like good guys and I'm glad to have them as teammates.

June 4, 2053

We had an away game today against the Antigua Tikis and it was a wild one. We ended up winning 9-7 in extra innings. I had one hit in four at-bats and drove in a run. It was a long day, but it felt great to come away with the win. We have another game against the Tikis tomorrow, so I'm hoping to keep the momentum going.

June 5, 2053

We were able to sweep the series against the Tikis with a 7-4 win today. I had a rough day at the plate, going hitless in four at-bats, but I made a few good plays in the field. After the game, a few of us went out to grab a drink together. It was nice to relax and have some fun after a long day of baseball.

June 6th, 2053

What a game tonight! It was a pitchers duel between Ruben Lopez and Mitch Twomey, and we came out on top 1-0. I can't believe we pulled out that win. It was my first time playing in Antigua, and the Tikis fans were pretty rowdy. I'm glad we were able to quiet them down with the win.

I had a couple of chances to get on base, but I couldn't quite connect with Twomey's pitches. I know I have to keep working on my approach at the plate. I've been chatting with some of the guys on the team and they've been giving me some great advice. Guys like Mike Huggins, Dan Lewis, and Benjamin Zimmerman have all been really helpful.

After the game, we went out to celebrate the win at a local bar. It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad to have made some new friends on the team.

June 7th, 2053

Another win today, this time against the Anaheim Surfers. Boulos bin Ubadah threw a complete game shutout, and we cruised to a 9-0 victory. It's great to see the team coming together like this and getting some momentum.

I had a pretty good game today, going 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI. I'm starting to feel more comfortable at the plate, and I'm starting to see the ball better. I know I still have a lot to learn, but I'm confident that I can continue to improve.

After the game, we had an optional team workout at the gym. I decided to skip it and just relax in my room. It's been a long few days, and I think I need to take it easy and get some rest.

Tomorrow, we have an off day, and I'm looking forward to exploring the island a bit more. I've heard there are some great beaches and restaurants here, so I'm excited to check them out.

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 2053.10 - 3 Wolves Den - A weekly Diary by John Maggard - Part 1

Post by Jwalk100 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:03 pm

I thought Bryan Griffin was from Quahog.
ImageImageImageImageImage

CTBrewCrew

Post by CTBrewCrew » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:10 pm

Jwalk100 wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:03 pm
I thought Bryan Griffin was from Quahog.
Giggity giggity

tylertoo
Ex-GM

Post by tylertoo » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:13 pm

Very cool idea for a TN. Will he be a regular?
Mike Dunn
Chicago Black Sox (1995-1996) (2049-2054)
Landis Champion: '95, '96

Edmonton Jackrabbits (2047-2048)
Tripoli Piranhas (2044-2046)

CTBrewCrew

Post by CTBrewCrew » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:46 pm

Yes @tylertoo

Trebro
BBA GM

Post by Trebro » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:37 pm

Ooh this reminds me of something you'd see on the ootp forums. looking forward to seeing how this develops. really cool idea!
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”