2053.03 - 3 Wolves Den - Omen of things to come?

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2053.03 - 3 Wolves Den - Omen of things to come?

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:00 pm

Madison, WI

A look ahead at Smileys rehab...

January 18, 2053 - GM Simon came to the podium this morning and read the teams official press release. As you know we were going to use today to announce the free agent signing of SP Jacob Smiley to a one-year contract for 4.2m. But unfortunately, as of yesterday Jacob who always fancied himself as a "handyman" decide to install a new satellite dish on the roof of his house with a "friend". "We are all praying hard for him", said manager Will Myers. "Tragedies like this have a way of pulling people together and I know several teammates are there at the hospital with him."

<Paper handed to GM Simon at the podium quietly reads and then crumples it up and throws it over his shoulder> Well ain' that a kick in.....<mic feedback> this was just given to me by team doctor Qizilbash. We have just been informed that Jacobs condition has taken a turn for the worse. It looks as if he suffered additional spinal cord damage which was greater than expected, that his Dr's. feel is career ending. <GM Simon looks over at owner bin-Mohammed who nods quietly>. So today we will be announcing today that we will be releasing Jacob from his contract with the Wolves, so he can take what time he needs to recover. This marks the shortest contract in Wolves history, lasting only 26 days.

We are in contact with the authorities and actively doing what we can to locate and contact this "friend" who was on the roof with him at the time. Looking at the security footage from his home, early reports are coming in, that in fact that the friend might be ex-Wolve pitcher @niles08 David Ferrell. At this time, we can only speculate that David still holds a grudge against the Wolves for not protecting him during the Rule 5 draft a few years back. I know that he is unhappy playing for that team and has been very vocal about it on his social media platforms.

We actually found this recently deleted video posted by David just yesterday.

Takin' my buddy Jacob on a rehab walk...

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 2053.03 - 3 Wolves Den - Omen of things to come?

Post by Dington » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:16 pm

Thought it was a love triangle with Gertie and Manobu.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

tylertoo
Ex-GM

Re: 2053.03 - 3 Wolves Den - Omen of things to come?

Post by tylertoo » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:38 pm

Brutal.
Mike Dunn
Chicago Black Sox (1995-1996) (2049-2054)
Landis Champion: '95, '96

Edmonton Jackrabbits (2047-2048)
Tripoli Piranhas (2044-2046)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”