GB: FL Heartland Division Director

3 Wolves Den - 2051.21 - SIM 9

Post by CTBrewCrew » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:14 pm

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

By Javaris Jamar Javarison-Lamar | JavarisJamarJavarison-Lamar@3Wolves.net

Madison, WI

Game 1
The Wolves grabbed a win, 5-4, at King County Complex, overcoming a fine effort from Seattle pitcher José Costello. Costello went 5.1 innings and allowed 2 runs. Madison now has a 3-game win streak. Madison used the clutch hitting of Steven Bursey to capture the win. The left fielder drilled a run-scoring double in the top of the 16th inning to give the Wolves the lead, 5-4. For the game, Bursey had 1 single and 2 doubles in 7 at-bats. The Wolves will need more games like this to up their league low RPG average. Mainaky continues to be a bright spot on the shi**y season going another 5.0 innings allowing 6 hits and 2 runs. Final Score: Wolves 5 - Storm - 4

Game 2
The Wolves welcomed the Long Beach Surfers to Shotz Stadium for the first time this season. The crowd of 45,688 saw an impressive start from Leonard Thornton, 6.2 IP allowing on 2 hits and 1 run. This marks the longest win streak for the inconsistent Wolves at 4 games. Both Pualani and Stone record holds in the game, and Brian Smith came in to close it out. Manobu looks like he starting to heat up, going 2-3 and driving in a run
Final Score: Wolves 5 - Surfers - 1

Game 3
The only bright spot in this game was that Madison's own Manobu Shimizu reached the 2000 hit mark in his career. In his 1461-game career Shimizu is hitting .356 with 2000 hits, 354 doubles, 65 triples and 246 home runs. He has scored 973 runs and driven in 1085. An oh yeah there was a game I guess, and the Wolves lost after being up 3-2 going into the 7th inning. Then they gave up 3 runs in the top of the 7th (Campos) - who notched his 3rd blown save of the year (team leader). "I think he will be paid a visit by the team "Turk" shortly after this series." Said GM Simon. Final Score: Wolves 3 - Surfers - 7

Game 4
Madison pitcher Gerald Sizemore did his part in helping his team beat the Long Beach Surfers, 4-2. The right-hander kept opposing batters in check throughout the game. Senen Subandrio locked down his 7th save. With the win, Madison goes to 24-27, while the Surfers fall to 18-35. Steven Bursey was 1-3 for Madison. The 30-year old center fielder had a key at-bat in the bottom of the fifth. With one out and runners on 1st and 3rd, he broke a 2-2 tie with a run-scoring sacrifice fly off Rizal Sabinay that plated Bin Wan. It was his 14th RBI of the season. "We couldn't do this last fu*king night?! I swear these boys would fu*k up a one-car motorcade this year." said skipper Will Myers. I feel bad that the boys couldn't get Manobu a win last night. Myers added. Final Score: Wolves 4 - Surfers - 2

Game 5
The Wolves squeeked out a walk-off win tonight in front of 38,211 screaming fans. RP Senen Subandrio, picked up the win in relief (2-2). He allowed no runs on 1 hit, while striking out 0 and walking 0. The Wolves improved to 25-27, inching ever so close back to .500. José Hernández was the walk-off hero for Madison. With the game tied in the bottom of the ninth inning, the Wolves designated hitter hit a dramatic run-scoring single to send the teams home. Chris Mann scored the winning run after Eitor Vasconcellos scored the tying run on Mann's single. The team ended May winning 6 of its final 7 games. Final Score: Wolves 6 - Surfers - 5

Game 6
Lets play two! Welcome to June baseball in the Brewster, and welcome to #Heartland baseball. The Wolves open up a 3-game series with Louisville, followed by another 2-game series with Chicago. The team is 2 games within .500 in a very competitive division this year. The Wolves offense is struggling mightily thought this season, ranking at or almost near dead-last in nearly every category. "I blame Marcus and his army of nerds over in Germany for mine and the entire teams offensvies stugggles" LF Luis Alonzo said. "I mean what's changed? "Nuthin' but that god damn number on the front of the box!" as he held up his own M.I.B. version of the game. So why not toss in a double header to start the month. In game 1 Buwono Mainaky put a stranglehold on the Louisville offense. The right-hander had complete command of his fastball in leading the Wolves to a 4-1 win. Mainaky went 6.1 innings to notch the win. He scattered 5 hits, walked 0, and struck out 4. His record improves to 7-2. Senen Subandrio locked down his 8th save. Madison has now won 3 straight, while the Sluggers have lost 5 in a row. Final Score: Wolves 4 - Sluggers - 1

Game 6
Well we all knew it had to end sometime. Just when it looked like we turned the corner this season, pulling to withing 1 game of .500 the other shoe drops. The pitching effort by the Madison starters was good enough (if your team could score some runs). Leonard Thornton allowed only 2 runs though 7 innings, trailing 2-1. Thornton took the loss and is 3-5 on the season. The Shimizu train is heating up, as he continues to heat up, now batting .391 in June, up from .253 in April and .330 in May. "We need some other players to step up as well" said head coach Will Myers. It can't only be Manobu. We need to provide support around him. Final Score: Wolves 2 - Sluggers - 3

....typical Wolves fan's reaction when asked about the team this season.

Return to “Madison Wolves”