CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

3 Wolves Den - 2051.03 - GM Simon extends first ever pick

Post by CTBrewCrew » Thu May 19, 2022 7:33 pm

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

By Javaris Jamar Javarison-Lamar | JavarisJamarJavarison-Lamar@3Wolves.net

Madison - November 15th, 2050
News out of Madison is that the Wolves have extended 30yo RP Raphael Castagna.

The contract is for 3-year deal potentially worth 11.2M if the team uses' their option in 2053. Castagna was the first ever draft pick by GM Simon back in 2041.

"I remember it like it was yesterday." said GM Simon. "I got that call when I was starting my 2nd season as the GM of the Jerusalem Hebrew Hammers. We had just come off of winning the United Cup. I guess my quick success got to the desk of Mr. bin Mohammed, as he called my agent who told me he came all the way from Riyadh to see me ASAP.

Before the night was over, I had a signed contract, my bags were packed, and I was on his private jet back to Madison. The next week was the draft, I has just started to put my team together, as the last GM left in a hurry. The team and I didn't have time to research fully a full set of players. However, I had brought my little black book with me from the Hammers. In it one of my scouts had told me about this kid from Argentina that we should be taking a look at over in Jerusalem. When the time came up and he was still available we drafted him."

It didn't take long for him to make it to the big-league club. He spent 14 games in single A before getting the call up to the Wolves before the end of the season.

We wanted him to get a taste of the majors. We were long out of the playoff race when I got here (~38 games), so there was no pressure on him. We felt it would be a good opportunity to see how he faired against big league hitting.

As it turned out, it was enough. In his 2nd season after being drafted he made the starting 25 of the Wolves. That season (2042) he finished 8-8 but he led the league with 35 saves, then followed that up with another 42 the following year.

For his 9 professional seasons (all with the Wolves) he has posted a 40-62 record in 655 games (#5 for Wolves), along with a 3.62 ERA (#11 for Wolves) and a career 3.72 FIP. He has 73 holds, 180 saves (#3 for Wolves), 98 Shutdowns and 43 meltdowns.

If he plays to the end of his contract (and plays well), he could find himself out in Wolves HoF (just cause this GM has a sweet spot for him). ;)

I'm rootin' for ya kid!

woods
Ex-GM

Re: 3 Wolves Den - 2051.03 - GM Simon extends first ever pick

Post by woods » Fri May 20, 2022 2:28 am

You always remember your first draft pick. And you were lucky to get one of the good ones.
Woody Donahue
BBA GM
Boise Spuds (2047-2054)
Cairo Pharaohs - UMEBA (2046)

Vic Caleca UMEBA TN of the Year 2046

JimSlade
BBA GM

Re: 3 Wolves Den - 2051.03 - GM Simon extends first ever pick

Post by JimSlade » Fri May 20, 2022 6:35 am

It's fun, just a season into the BBA, to start thinking about which guys are going to be "my guys" years from now.
BBA GM, Rockville Pikemen
Former UMEBA GM, Mumbai Metro Stars
SDMB GM, Toronto Beavers

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”