GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

3 Wolves Den - 2049.02 - Wolves Ink Hitting Coach Ed Newman

Post by CTBrewCrew » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:05 pm

By Javaris Jamar Javarison-Lamar | JavarisJamarJavarison-Lamar@3Wolves.net

Madison, WI

Nov 11, 2048 - After the sudden retirement of hitting coach Chris Francis after a 16-year career (the last 9 with the Wolves) at the end of the 2048 season, the Wolves started the process of locating his replacement.

In a press statement released by the club, the team has sign Ed Newman to a 3-year contact to be the team's new major league hitting instructor. The Bronx born native, has spent the last 3 seasons at the AA level in the Rockville system with the Winston-Salem Warthogs. He brings with him the Outstanding ability to influence mechanics, and some good hitting instructions. He meshes well with our current coaching staff at the big-league level. Said GM Simon. As a player himself, Ed only progress as far at rookie ball for the Chestermere Lugnuts.

After 6 seasons and not getting promoted, I decided I had enough of playing the game. I told my fiancé at the time, I wanted to stay involved with the game, so that's when I went back to college, completed my degree in the Ted Lasso coaching psychology program, and started my dream. After almost 20 seasons of coaching at the HS, and college ranks I got my shot with Rockville organization in 2046. I thanked GM @aaronweiner for that opportunity. Now I start the next chapter in my life, a hitting coach for a major league franchise. I look forward to working the boys on the team, I mean who wouldn't wanna work with Manobu! <Insert press chuckling>. Well Mr. Simon isn't paying me to hold press conferences, I think it's time I go and meet the team.

Return to “Madison Wolves”