3 Wolves Den - 2041.8 - Team News

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

3 Wolves Den - 2041.8 - Team News

Post by CTBrewCrew » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:30 pm

By Javaris Jamar Javarison-Lamar | JavarisJamarJavarison-Lamar@3Wolves.net

As we head into September in the BBA, the Wolves coaches, GM and owner are seeing some improvements over the 2040 season. This being 1st year Wolves GM Mike Simons first full season with the team. We sat down with him for a quick Q&A.

JJJ-L: Thanks for taking the time to talk with us today, I'm sure the Madison season ticket holders and fans will be excited to hear what you have to say.

Mike: Thanks triple J.

JJJ-L: So how do you feel the season is going? How are the goals that you and ownership laid out progressing? I know you've only been in the job for little over a year now.

MIke: When Mr. Mohammed and I sat down at the end of last season, we talked for weeks on what we felt we wanted to accomplish to bring a winner (and a Landis) back to Madison. There is a lot of history with this franchise, being one of the original franchises of the BBA back in 1973 when we were in Marquette. Heck my Dad used to take to those games all the time! I know Mr. Mohammed is young (only 33) but he understands the history of this game. I have actually walked into his office and seen him spooning our two Landis trophy's! This guy wants to win.

We have some short and longer term goals we laid out. Obviously the longer term one means winning the Landis, but we have a lot of work in front of us for that. Those are what we've defined as some of our short term goals. First, we needed to play more competitivity, which should lead to winning more games. That started with hiring a new manager (Yves). At 70-71 at this point in the season, he's got them playing hard, we are only 4 games away from our season win totals for the last two seasons of (75) each, and we still have almost a month of baseball left to play. We feel Yves and his staff have moved the needed forward on that front. I see it in the clubhouse and that translates to the field. Yes, there are some unhappy individuals on this club, some nay-sayers, I'm not gonna sit here an lie to you. We will sit down and talk to each one of them once the season is over. But back to our record this season, its translated into seeing more of our Wisconsin faithful come out to the ball park. Our average attendance close to 1000 more per game. That's something else we wanted to accomplish this year. I think winning has something to do with that along with making it a more family friendly place to see a professional baseball game.

JJJ-L: I think some of the promotion weekends you have run all season have been a hit with the fans....Shimizu Bobblehead, or Mullet Night vs. Chicago was one of my favorites. Your salute to "Hooray for Everything" night was nice as it included a lot of the PC fan base. You did a 1979 turn back the clock night with your "Disco Demolition coupled with .10cent beer night". Man I woke up the next morning naked on the hood of my car covered in chocolate sprinkles with my car keys shoved up my as....<err> whoops. I'll just edit that out in post.

Mike: There is still a lot of room for improvement on this team, and we will take a good hard look at every position in the off-season and see where we can improve. Be it by bringing up some of our younger talent or signing a FA to fill a need while some of our younger players aren't ready yet. I think we will be active in the FA market this year, but not spending money for the sake of a quick fix.

JJJ-L: There have been some nice accolades for the team this year, Shimizu making FL ROM, Belchior and Allende making the All-Star game in Vancouver. Even Quickers recent 21 game hitting streak.

Mike: Yves and his team have done a good job getting the boys to play hard. I need to continue to provide him with up and coming talent via the draft and a well timed FA with some veteran leadership.

JJJ-L: Well thanks for taking the time to sit down with us, I know you are busy man here in Wolves park.

Mike: Ha-Ha (shakes hands). My pleasure, I'll let my PR team know to cancel .05 cent beer night. I don't think you can handle it. (he smiles as he walks away). I hope to be doing more of these as my time here progresses.

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Re: 3 Wolves Den - 2041.8 - Team News

Post by Fat Nige » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:26 pm

I once had a storyline going in the PEBA when I was GM of Kuwana about a beer festival at the stadium, my newly called up prospect arrived at the same time and all the punters bought him beers lol. It was a series of three articles which included the police mascot getting arrested for exposing himself to schoolgirls on the way home, me having to go to the police station to bail out our pissed prospect and having to order a complete deep clean of the sponsors lounge afterwards to get the smell of beer and sick out of it lol
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Re: 3 Wolves Den - 2041.8 - Team News

Post by lordtoffee » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:02 pm

The Wolves have done quite well. Who knows if they can sneak into the playoffs?
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”