3 Wolves Den - 2041.6 - Team News

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

3 Wolves Den - 2041.6 - Team News

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:28 pm

By Javaris Jamar Javarison-Lamar | JavarisJamarJavarison-Lamar@3Wolves.net

The calendar has turned to June here in Madison, and the Wolves are pretty much where we expected them to be. 10 games out of first, playing close to .500 ball, and perhaps playing some meaningful ball come September. "We've done pretty well offensively...<pauses> as we expected." said first year skipper Yves LeMoine. He added "Manobu, Hounsell, and Quick are having great seasons".

Madison is top 10 in 8 out of the 10 offensive primary categories. When I asked him about the club being 2nd in stolen bases in the Frick, his reaction was quite refreshing.... He added "Unfortunately our staff is where we expected them to be also".

Pitching Coach Ralph Desjardins assessment wasn't so kind. "These guys are worse than Mariah Carey's 2016 New Years Eve Performance"!

He's not far off the mark. Madison's staff is dead last in starter ERA in the Frick, at an astronomical 5.94. The staffs only rating in the top 10 for the Frick is they are currently 9th in HRs allow. Most likely a result of the park they play in.

Pitching coach Ralph Desjardins and LeMoine have their work cut out for themselves the rest of the season. That's not to say there aren't any bright spots this season. Rookie Closer Belchior Barracas "...has really come into his own", Desjardins added.

Still in this years draft the Wolves targeting 18 pitchers hoping to restock their system with some fresh arms and perhaps finding a diamond in the rough in the later rounds. Taking 21yo Argentine SP Raphael Castagna. Who as of this press conference has been assigned to the AA Burlington.

...which I will talk more about in my next article - reviewing the status of Madison's Farm system year to date.

-JJJ-L

Return to “Madison Wolves”