3 Wolves Den - 2041.3 - Team News

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

3 Wolves Den - 2041.3 - Team News

Post by CTBrewCrew » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:02 pm

By Javaris Jamar Javarison-Lamar | JavarisJamarJavarison-Lamar@3Wolves.net

With all the pop-and-circumstance of his rise to the "BBA-Bigs" we got a chance to sit down with Keith Short the Wolves #2 prospect coming into the 2041 season. Short was called up last week. We got a chance to catch up with him after his first two games.

JJJ-L - How'd it feel getting that call in South Bend to tell you to hop on a plane and meet the team in Des Moines?

KS - To be honest I was excited, i didn't really sleep - i was running on adrenaline and some Red Bull

JJJ-L - Yeah it must have run out of it around inning number 2. Your first outing was a blown save, 4 hits and 2 runs in 2.2 IP. <cough-cough>

KS - <long pause> -- The season is a marathon, this was one game, my coaches, teammates, or myself weren't rattled. They know... I know I
belong.

JJJ-L - <slow golf clap> Nice answer kid, I was expecting something like the last time I talked to this guy after his first bad outing. You bounced back nicely in your next outing, 0 runs, 2 HITS over 2.2 innings.

KS - Yeah, I think that's more of what they expect of me. What i can do for this team out of the bullpen. I feel we can start to turn it around. We've got good core of 3-4 guys in the rotation that can really help out this season.

JJJ-L - Pump the brakes there turbo, this team had an astronomical ERA of close to 6 least season. Anyway, how are you fitting in with the rest of the club?

KS - Really good. We've got a good group of young core players here, a lot of us came up though the minors together. Heck, there are 5 of us who can't even drink a beer in the club house! I'm rooming with my ol, buddy Jorge. I guess since he,s the baby on the team they needed someone to look after him.

JJJ-L - Are you looking forward to your first outing in front of the home crowd?

KS - Yes, my parents are very excited. Mr. Mohammed was very nice and bought tickets for my entire family for my home opener against either CAL or YS9 this week.

JJJ-L - Really?!? <under breath>that son of a... Well, we will let you go and get back to your schedule. Thanks for taking time of us today and the fans of the Wolves. We will catch back up with you later in the season.

Return to “Madison Wolves”