That's What Cheesehead: 39.03 - Wilson Files Grievance with BBAPA

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

7teen
BBA GM

That's What Cheesehead: 39.03 - Wilson Files Grievance with BBAPA

Post by 7teen » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:04 pm

After a 2-4 start to the season, Wolves GM Chris Wilson isn't happy. Amidst turmoil that was reported earlier this off-season in the headquarters of the Wolves front office, Wilson took further frustrations out on the league again today and filed a grievance with the BBAPA (Brewster Baseball Association Players Association) over the Wolves schedule. For the second consecutive season, the Wolves have been dealt a death blow to start the season.

"Fool me once. Shame on... Hell, I don't know how it goes" said Wilson today after the Wolves 6-1 loss to the Bears of San Fernando. "I think it is obvious the schedule makers have it out for Madison. I'm not sure what it is. Did they eat some bad cheese or something? Not like the landscape in Madison. It's very problematic for sure."

Wilson is referencing the Wolves schedule. For the second consecutive season, the Wolves have become national travelers to start the season that will allow the team to accumulate a lot of frequent flyer miles to begin the season. Madison just started the season with 6 straight road games and still have 3 remaining games before ever seeing Shotz Field later this month.

"Uh, you're not telling the whole story here" Wilson chimed in.

After home series against California and Rockville (Yeah, we're playing Rockville for the second straight season in interleague play) the Wolves will embark on another 3 city, 10-game road trip to Long Beach, Twin Cities, and Edmonton. Yeah, sure, the Wolves welcome the bums from Vancouver to Madison for a quickie 3 game home stand against our foes from the North before then travelling to Hawaii, Calgary, Omaha, and Yellow Springs. So for those who aren't math majors, that's 23 road games in a 26 game stretch.

"Looks a lot like last year's schedule" Wilson said. "Very tough on a team starting out to have to play all of those road games. We've filed a grievance with the Players Association about this. At the next CBA meeting, you can bet your butt something will be done. Hell, I may push for a 162 game season in Madison if this keeps up."

The Wolves do welcome Hawaii in for another quickie 3 game set after the trip to Yellow Springs before setting out yet again for a 6 game road trip to Brooklyn and Seattle.

All in all, 38 of the Wolves first 50 games are on the road. Sound familiar?
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: That's What Cheesehead: 39.03 - Wilson Files Grievance with BBAPA

Post by RonCo » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:35 am

It sounds familiar to YS9 a few seasons back. Realignment and better schedules can't come soon enough.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”