That's What Cheesehead: 39.02 - Wolves Staff Retires Amidst Turmoil

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

7teen
BBA GM

That's What Cheesehead: 39.02 - Wolves Staff Retires Amidst Turmoil

Post by 7teen » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:14 am

The news out of Madison continues to get worse as several prominent Wolves coaching staff members have decided to retire from coaching and the league all together. General Manager Bopper Kengos, Hitting Coach John Catron, and Pitching Coach Jorge Garcia all announced today that they are retiring from the game citing turmoil from within the Wolves front office as their main reasoning.

Turmoil in the front office came to public knowledge following the Wolves Awards banquet over the controversy over who the pitching award should go to. While little knowledge of what else has happened has surfaced, rumors are starting to swirl that team owner Mick Shrimpton Jr. and team General Manager Chris Wilson are at ends with one another and the embarrassment of the awards night has set some long time Wolves greats and coaches over the edge.

"It was an embarrassment to the me and the team" said Assistant GM Bopper Kengos who was at the podium to announce the winner before Wilson's outburst changed that. "I was just left standing there with egg on my face and I'm not going to be put in that position again. Shrimpton did the right thing by telling who the winner was but Wilson has just gone mad lately. He's become very inflexible behind the scenes. Not very open to ideas from others and it's created a difficult situation here than me and others just don't have the time and desire to deal with at this point in our lives and careers."

For those new or unaware, Kengos, Catron, and Garcia (the latter two who refused comment on the situation) are a trio of the members of the Wolves Hall of Fame and considered some of the team all-time greats. Kengos who needs the least introduction, leads the BBA in all-time hits, homeruns, and runs batted in and spent his entire career in Madison. Catron spent 7.5 seasons with the Wolves and was a member of the early 2000s great teams but was traded away before the team could win it's first Landis. All these years later, he still ranks 6th on the franchise leaderboard in homeruns and clinging to the bottom of several other categories. Garcia has appeared in more games as a pitcher than any other pitcher in Wolves history and holds the single season saves record with 50.

Wilson was not too thrilled upon hearing of the retirement of these three.

"I can't believe it" Wilson said via teleconference while on vacation with his family in the Pacific Northwest. "I've been nothing but great to these three individuals. I even bribed them back into the game with some of my hard work and effort. I could have left them in retirement after their playing days had I wanted to. I gave them a chance to come back into the game, wave their little hat to the fans, and stay in the spotlight. For them to just leave like that without giving me thanks or appreciation and throwing me under the bus like that shows THEIR true character. The league and this franchise doesn't need them."

Mick Shrimpton Jr, away overseas with his family, was not available for comment on the situation.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

indiansfan
BBA GM

Re: That's What Cheesehead: 39.02 - Wolves Staff Retires Amidst Turmoil

Post by indiansfan » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:56 pm

Wow!
Kevin

Calgary Pioneers 2004-
BBA Landis Champs 2018, 21
FL Champs 2018, 21, 39
FL Pacific Champs: 2016, 19, 21, 34
FL Frontier Champs 2039
FL WC 2018, 26-29, 31-32, 35
JL WC 2040, 41, 44
FL MOY 2019, 34
JL MOY 2044

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: That's What Cheesehead: 39.02 - Wolves Staff Retires Amidst Turmoil

Post by RonCo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:05 pm

Losing in the Heartland is always distressing.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”