That's What Cheesehead: 38.39 - A Disgrace!

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

7teen
BBA GM

That's What Cheesehead: 38.39 - A Disgrace!

Post by 7teen » Mon May 13, 2019 10:13 am

After a dreadful run of games that has seen the Wolves win just 6 games over their last 22 contests, team owner Mick Shrimpton, Jr. went on a tirade to the local press in which he told everyone to expect wide spread changes sooner rather than later.

"It's a disgrace" said Shrimpton. "Never in all my years as being owner or part of the ownership group with my dad have I seen a team perform this poorly or with this lack of heart and desire. It's a shame fans pay good money to come watch these guys. And watch them do what? Accumulate some individual honors like hit homeruns like John MIck or steal bases like Mons Raider!? How about actually winning some games and doing something in the post-season."

The tirade came a day after the Wolves were ranked 30th among the 30 BBA teams in the power rankings. The drop in power rankings came after the Wolves lost 7 straight games and only won 1 of their last 10 games played. With series against Yellow Springs and San Fernando coming up, things don't appear to be set to get much better. Shrimpton agreed.

"At this point, no one's job is safe and perhaps it's time to look long and hard at some big changes around here. From the top all the way down. GMs, managers, superstars, regulars. I don't care who you are at this point. It's time for a change around here and I'm going to get it one way or another."

Shrimpton's comments also come at a time in which the Wolves have placed every one on their roster on the trade block. The Wolves haven't made any moves this season and most likely don't appear to make any prior to the deadline. Most of their positive assets make too much money or are too old to draw much attention. Of course that could also be the blame for such bad play by the Wolves in 2038.

Manager MIllard Davis didn't comment on his owner's statemenets. Davis, who is signed through the 2039 season, has heard some rumors from behind the scenes that his contract will most likely not be renewed after next season. General Manager Chris Wilson, who has been with the Wolves for 39 seasons, scoffed at the comments from Shrimpton by saying "he's not firing me! They'd have to drag me out of here kicking and screaming."

With the Wolves roster filled with overpriced veterans heading into 2039, it is likely that Shrimpton, Jr.'s claims to make changes will have to be creative ones if this team will get it back together for next season.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50