That's What Cheesehead: 38.36 - Mick Makes All-Star Team at GM's Disgust

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

7teen
BBA GM

That's What Cheesehead: 38.36 - Mick Makes All-Star Team at GM's Disgust

Post by 7teen » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:18 pm

Typically making an All-Star team is a time of excitement and one of accomplishment. While it still may be that way, Wolves GM Chris Wilson was slightly disappointed in the inclusion of his own Jon Mick to this year's team.

"Porky needed a break" Wilson said after the all-star announcement. "He started the season blistering but has dropped off considerably in recent weeks. He's only hit 1 homerun this month and closed out June slowly. Can't the guy get a break!?"

Mick disagreed with his GM's sentiment. "It's always an honor to be on an All-Star team and I'm extremely blessed to represent the Frick League squad this year. Sure, my production seems to have dropped off some of late but it's the ebbs and flows of a long season. Luckily I had a hot enough start to that I was recognized as an all-star this season."

For Mick, it was his 4th all-star selection of his career. His homerun and RBI production clearly is what got him into the game as he leads the BBA in homeruns and RBI with 35 and 96 respectively. Yet Wilson still wasn't having it. "He only got one vote for the team this year and was 3rd in WAR among DH. That's all it takes these days!? Come on, he needed to rest. Now he has to spend all week at Les Paul Field. Where the heck is that even at? He should be here resting up for a historic second half run to the post-season by the Wolves."

The BBA research department though has uncovered that the one vote for Mick came from a Madison voter....
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50